"What if they don't want a friend who is like.. you know like we are" Remus muttered nervously.

"Then they aren't friends worth having Remmy" Lukas muttered laying a gentle kiss to his forehead.

Remus had never mentioned his feelings for Sirius to Lukas. He told himself it was just to make things less complicated, but a part of him didn't know if he could with 100% honestly use the pass tense when discussing his feelings for his friend.

"I'll tell them soon" Remus muttered "but not now. Now we have to hurry back. I'm a prefect now can't get caught out of bed. This early."

They headed back to the castle. Talking pleasantly about classes, and exams. When they parted ways Remus glances around before placing a small kiss on Lukas lips.

He didn't expect there to be any challenges with reentering the dormitory as none of the marauders were exactly early birds. But when he enter the dorm he was surprised to see Sirius sitting on the end of Remus bed looking worried.

"What on earth Moony!" Sirius yelled when he noticed his friend standing in the door way "I was so worried where the hell have you been!"

He was loud enough that James and Peter woke and looked up to see what was going on.

"Merlin Padfoot. You sneak out of the dorms three times a week. How could you possible be upset." Remus said trying. To change the subject and keeping his head down to hide the blush that coated his cheek.

"Exactly i sneak out! You don't. Your Mr. Goody two shoes prefect now. Where were you?" He demands.

Remus becoming a prefect had given his friends endless enjoyment with the amount of teasing they were able to do.

"What are you my Mum" Remus replies walking to his four poster to get his books from the table next to it.

"He has a point Moony." James intervened still laying cuddle in his bed, but clearly awake now. "You can't be stealing our gig. I swear if you pulled a prank without us-"

"I didn't pull a prank. I barely want to do the pranks you force on me." Remus said. "You all better get up or we will miss breakfast."

This seem to get James and Peter moving, and there minds off Remus' morning adventure. But Sirius sat on the end of his bed staring at him. Eventually Remus just sighed and said.

"I couldn't sleep, went for a walk that's all Pad."

"You should have woken me up I would have come with." Sirius said.

"Right because the last six years of me dragging you out of bed for classes. I know how that conversation would have gone. Now get dressed Sirius I'm starved." 

Eventually the friends left their dormitory and headed down to breakfast. With James and Sirius talking loudly about prank ideas, with Peter trailing behind. Remus stayed quieted but watch his friends happily. Despite having an enjoyable summer he had missed the community he had here, the family. 

When they entered the Great Hall Remus glanced at the Ravenclaw table. Lukas was sat with a group of friends laughing and chatting but when he saw Remus looking he smiled at him. Remus however was too mindful of Sirius' watchful eye to return the smile and merely looked away. Out of the corner of his eye Remus saw Lukas look down sadly. 

"Remus!" A voice called from the table, and he looked over to see Lily Evans sitting next to Alice at the end of the table waving him over.

Remus felt James stiffen next to him. 

"It's just prefect stuff Prongs" Remus promised nudging his friend. 

On one hand he wished James would just let Lily go. From their first day at Hogwarts James had taken a fancy towards the red haired girl, and Lily had taken whatever the opposite of a fancy was to James. But he also had no intention of actually making any sort of move on Lily so he felt he could calm his friends anger and disapproval at least a little. 

Remus did however wander over to Lily and Alice and take a seat night to them as the rest of Maurders took a seat at the end of the table, 

"Morning" He said happily, but the two girls just giggled. 

"what"

More giggles. 

"Lily" He said triedly "If you won't talk to me Ill just go sit with-"

Before he could say his friends Alice cut in 

"Lukas Gadfor from Ravenclaw" 

Remus went blank his mind going into over drive as panic began to take hold of his body. 

"I saw something very interesting this morning when partoling the hallway."