She closed her eyes as if basking in Eddie's power. "Nearly there."

"What is going on?"

"Don't you know? How blinded have you become?" Hargreeves had to shout over the howling wind. The area grew colder, and the vibrance of Eddie's eyes grew more intense.

Suddenly, the girl's eyes began to glow, and she lifted her hand towards Eddie. "Goodbye, Edelyn Hargreeves."

\_|_/\_|_/\_|_/

Eddie's lifeless body rose from the armchair. The empty room turned deathly cold, and the light from the surrounding area went dark. The room and house became wholly silent as Eddie hung in mid-air, suspended by an invisible source. Her eyes snapped open, glowing so intensely that the original green was blocked out by white.

Time halted before energy erupted from her body. The invisible waves bounced off the walls before driving into her chest once more, throwing her head back with the amount of force.

She landed on her back and took in a massive gulp of air from a mixture of lack of oxygen and the winding from the fall. A husky cough racked through her, and she slowly curled into a ball, body tremouring.

"Miss Edelyn?" Pogo quickly crossed the room and dropped to one knee by her. "Are you alright?"

The room remained quiet in anticipation of her words. "I don't know," she whispered, voice cracking and vibrating with her shaking body.

"What happened?"

Eddie convulsed, a short shout escaping her before she rolled onto her back and squeezed her eyes shut. Energy erupted from her chest again, but she managed to alter its course from Pogo. "Go!" she managed out. "I don't want to hurt you!"

"Miss Edelyn." His voice was short and sharp - no fear in his tone. "Concentrate. This is no different to the other times."

She gritted her teeth, a constricted groan managing to slip through.

"Edelyn."

She inhaled sharply. "All the world's bacteria... stacked on... on- GAH-" Her body convulsed, and she went to clench her fists, but her broken fingers screamed in pain.

"Concentrate, Miss Edelyn."

"All the world's bacteria stacked on top... stacked on top of one another would reach... ten billion... light-years."

"Good. Multiply 45 by 638."

A moment of silence passed, her breathing heavy through her teeth. "28,710."

Balls of energy formed in her hands, and the tension in her body lessened slightly.

"What is the non-coding DNA called?"

"Introns." She squeezed her eyes shut, a low groan building in her throat before she forced the power to disaporate.

Her body flopped on the ground, breaths tainted by wheezing escaping her with a heavy wince on her face.

"Miss Edelyn?"

She didn't reply, still regaining her breath and catching up with the passing moments. "I don't know... what happened," she whispered.

Pogo sighed as he pushed himself to stand. "Don't worry, my dear. Can you stand?"

Eddie opened her eyes, no longer glowing but extinguished with exhaustion.

"We need to change those bandages."

Slowly, she pushed herself to sit up, inspecting the singed fabric. With a sharp inhale, she hauled herself to her feet. Stumbling slightly, she righted herself and followed Pogo out of the living room.

\_|_/\_|_/\_|_/

Eddie sat in her lab beside Grace's lifeless body, the 'skin' around her back opened to show the wiring inside. A metal ring sat on Eddie's head like a circlet, linked to the computer by wires. Beside her, the device showed code connecting to the robot's 'spinal cord' by a USB port. The redhead gingerly pressed the enter button, and a loading bar appeared on the screen.

Pogo sat at another desk, watching her work with his walking stick supported between his knees.

Grace moved her head, blinking slowly before a smile formed. Eddie pushed herself to stand and walked around to face her.

"Hello, dear," she spoke with sentiment deep in her tone.

"How do you feel, Mom?" Eddie asked, her eyes trying to find problems with her mannerisms. "Do you feel any inconsistencies?"

"I feel as good as gold," she replied.

"Good. I just have to finish, then Pogo'll close you back up."

"Okay, dear. Take your time."

Eddie closed her eyes, a furrow appearing on her brow, and a few more lines of code appeared on the screen. Rolling her shoulders, she unplugged the USB and glanced at Pogo.

"She'd good to go."

Just as she went to pack away her things, something threw the door open, and blood was the only thing that registered in her head. Eddie's eyes widened, and she quickly stepped back to let the chaos flood past. 

"Oh, my God. What the Hell happened?"