19. Jade Beom & Lisa 1.2

"You have chapstick smeared all around your mouth." Aria gruffed as the team all boarded their ship, Aria leading the front per usual.

The words were directed at Jade beom, who wasn't really in the state of mind to register anything properly. His mind was in a daze and his heart was in a tizzy. Ever since he'd left Lisa earlier that day, it was like his whole being was stuck in a state of unrest.

They'd spent the whole night in each other's embrace. Jade beom was going to follow Aria into the war against the diamonds and he wasn't sure if he'd ever get a chance to hold Lisa again, so they clung onto each other like the end of the world was already upon them.

His skin tingled with the memory of her soft, pale hands that were once on him. He felt a pit in his stomach as he wished they were still there, grounding him and keeping him from floating too far away into his thoughts.

He wished she wasn't getting ready to use those hands to fight for the opposite side in the war.

When he wasn't with her, all his thoughts were occupied by the darkness of the horrors he'd seen, images that kept him up at night, and the obsession with revenge that constantly threatened to consume him. Lisa's hands and lips and eyes and voice pulled him out of the nightmare that was his reality and put his mind and heart at ease, regardless of her being the spawn of his enemies.

He lazily looked around him.

Why was he here again?

Finally letting his mind process Aria's words, he absentmindedly ran the back of his hand across his mouth, not really achieving much other than spreading the sticky substance more. It didn't bother him.

Oh that's right.

Just like that, his mind was back in the darkness.

He was here to avenge his parents death. To look as many diamond soldiers in the eye as possible and show them the product of their violence and hatred before he killed them.

He owed his parents that much at least, seeing that he'd taken their love for him for granted so many times before then. They'd died to keep him safe, a selfish, hard headed, insolent son such as himself. They hid him away as the DJD raided the house and killed them where they stood, and all Jade beom could do was watch. Was cry.

He was so weak then, and the tears that streamed from his eyes proved it.

The images constantly played in his head on a loop. The clearness of every face and every drop of blood and the last look of agony on his parents' countenance never faded.

It happened over a hundred years ago but he would never be allowed to forget.

Yes, he owed them this much, going into war and carving their names into the gem of every diamond he could get his hands on. Nothing would make him happier than to prove that the Jade beom from then and the Jade beom now were from different worlds.

But his heart was still so heavy.

Why?

Shit.

Because of Lisa.

Everyone was inside the ship now, some opting to go to their sleeping quarters and rest while they could , while others went to rooms like the armory and the control room to make sure everything was in place for the upcoming battle.

Aria, Jade beom and Millie made their way to the control room, where they all sat in their respective seats.

Jade beom was still totally out of it and it was pissing Aria off. The last thing she needed right now was Jade mentally checking out right before they went into such an important battle. Millie was staring at the side of Aria's head, silently asking her not to provoke Jade but of course, Aria could not contain it.