Game of fate [mello x f!reader x matt]

Start bij het begin

"Just playing huh?" Mello snapped at you.

"Of course, WE were! But, tell me one thing.. What the hell is your problem, Mihael?!?"
You exhaled the burst thoroughly.

"You're asking about My PROBLEM?!! You better watch out yo-"

"Oo Fuck! Guys, please calm your tits! I understand where this is coming from. But, we shouldn't mess things now. Should we?? Mells, go and assign everyone with their planned tasks. Y/n & I will meet you in HQ asap. You bothcontinue this another day. Is that fine You TWO!?!?" The redhead finally interrupted.

Mello shrugged at his friend & dead glared at you both before rushing off groaning,

"Fine!"

And slammed the door behind him, leaving you two to flinch at the loud thud, which the door produced.

Matt exhaled a deep sigh and turned towards you.

"Y/n, I apologise..."

You whirled at his statement and shook your head as you snapped out of thoughts.

"But... Why are you apologising? It's my fault, not yours..."

You confessed & stared at him for a reply, raising an eyebrow.

Matt took your words and stared back before mumbling in disappointment, "Okay."

You frowned at him, hoping for a further response...

Meanwhile, not getting any, you nodded to yourself in acknowledgement.

You two stood there for almost 5 minutes staring at each other.
...........

Matt shifted his gaze before realising, how late it had been... & finally announced,

"Mm... We should go now..?"

You thought, why were you confused about your feelings... Matt felt more than just a friend, more than a colleague to you. But, why were you growing such feelings for him? It doesn't matter to you tho. Because honestly, you never cared about it so curiously. Still, you just wanted to know... What & why was it?

"Ye-yes. Let's go." You replied.

............

The two fellow members made their way to the HQ and found their boss tanding at the entrance.

Mello watched you as Matt left your side & went to his friend, yet boss at work.

"Oww. You guys finally showed! I thought I would not get any company today."

"Hey, what are you talking about? I was just clearing things up with Y/n. I can't see, what's wrong with it??"

"Oh. I don't know. I didn't know you two have things in-between, to clear up, at this important time!?"
You stood there dumped and gritted teeth while desperately attempting to keep your words up to yourself.

"Look, Mells... Why don't you just ask Y/n for confirmation? At least, I expect you to believe your childhood friend aka partner?"

Matt seemed much more annoyed than he was before.

Mello turned to you after those words and stared into your eyes.

"What?" You mumbled quietly.

Mello clenched his fist and leaned towards you. "Are you seriously deaf!?"
You pursed lips, frowning and closed your eyes, releasing a heavy sigh while relaxing the face muscles.

Everyone within the HQ, went dead-quite as the wind's swift sound were heeded.
That is when Mello fished his bottom front pocket and attended a call. A call from- from the one, you guys intentionally separated.