Request 1.4 [fluff! Mello x f!reader]

Requested by - Airenlol

Tw: insomnia, depression, trigs related to family(autophobia).

A/n
So sorry that it took me so long to update but the lil comments left by the readers here & there made me complete my pending request. Thank you, if you happen to be one of those readers, it really made my day so much better! Lastly, have a good read.

It's a fine monday morning with your typical strict homeroom teacher around his mid-30s, lecturing his students on the mid-terms test they've been given in the past few weeks

The result, however, was on average, bad.

And you can't help but glance back to look at the blond with an obsession over chocolates and... well, scoring the highest.

When he first transferred here to your school, your first impression of him was "blonde lad with a childlike temper," but later you started to understand him better.

He was, in fact, a very diligent student, and although you guys have fought over many petty stuff like who was to sit in the back bench by the window during lunch break and who was the first to answer the teacher's question when both of you had said it in sync. Although recalling, you'd laugh at it.

There was also this one time during a stupid community lunch when you brought marshmallows just to tease him over his cute little name, "Mello," contrary to his personality. And his reaction to it? Priceless.

Back to the present, you notice his sulking face and try to peep at his marks but are caught by a pair of blue eyes, dead-glaring at you.

"Um, hey, how'd ya do?" You gulp, offering a small smile.

"None of your business." However, his cold voice pierces through your effort to be polite anymore.

"Wait, how can you be so damn rude? I was just asking out of concern!"

"What concern? My ass."

Without realizing, you both were onto another glaring contest, but the teacher breaks it with an aged cough. Probably intended.

"Mello, Y/n, you two come to my office after school."

"Yes, Roger," the two of you answer suit, hopeless.

The rest of the day after ignoring one another, you find yourselves standing outside your homeroom teacher's office, side by side.

Roger, your homeroom teacher, lectures you both for a while on your misconduct, until a loud ring of the old-fashioned telephone set on his table distracts the topic at hand.

Roger picks it up immediately.

He greets the person on the line smiling and nods with approval, asking Mello to speak to the caller on the line.