Request 1.2 [Matsuda x gn!reader]

Requested by: FantasyNebula

Note: Reader's(Y/n) pronoun = they/them/they're

Tw: anxiety, depression

Just as Matsuda was about to go over to Y/n and strike up a conversation with them, he paused in his steps and watched that old assistant of L whisper something to their ears and announce loudly in front of everyone in the room

Just as Matsuda was about to go over to Y/n and strike up a conversation with them, he paused in his steps and watched that old assistant of L whisper something to their ears and announce loudly in front of everyone in the room. "Detective Y/n is summoned by L, so they're excused for now. Please, follow me."

Watari leads his boss's benefactor to the top floor of the building where L resided.

'See, it's happening again!'

'I wonder what dangers now await for poor Y/n,'

'He trusts Y/n more than any of us,'

He hears the rumors about his crush's relationship with the great detective of the world and can't help but feel very sad and hot in his head.

He clenches his fist.

What bull are they talking about!? They're working on the case after all... But L was always using them!

"Matsui, are you going to wait for them to eat dinner together, again?"

"Yes,"

"You shouldn't. I feel bad for you...god knows when that madman would let them leave,"

That's true...L is a psycho. He must have bewitched Y/n or something!

Thinking this, he frowns deep in thought and decides to wait for Y/n to come back at their usual shared meal spot, outside the main halls, and on the stairs.

He counts the stairs repeatedly out of boredom. Yawning, he leans onto the upper stairs for support and closes his eyes.

When Y/n returned and saw their best friend snoozing on the stairs, they let out a soft giggle and bend beside him to sit. They smiled looking at Matsuda's disheveled hairs and raises their hand to fix them for him.

Matsuda, "You...done?"

He regains his consciousness when he felt a light brush of hands against his forehead. He blushes to imagine the scene and completely opens his eyes to sit straight.

"Yes, let's go and eat."

While they were eating, he had considered something and hesitated a little before uttering it out loud. "Did he give you a dangerous task again? Quit this low-life job at once! He's clearly manipulating you..."

Y/n shifts their gaze from their food in their lap to the man sitting beside them and stretches out their hand to give a pat on his back.

Y/n let out a dry laugh. "What do you know about him? Don't you see the progress we've all made!? Being this close to solving this case, I ain't quitting!"