Chapter 27

Stiles' POV

Everyone held hands. Everyone was in a panicking state apart from Lux who seemed to be calm enough. She closed her eyes and chanted something that I couldn't hear due to the noise that was being caused by whatever was attacking the plane underneath plus the engine which roared with exhaustion. We we're struggling to breathe as the plane went down but suddenly, it was like a blur of light had taken over.

We weren't in the plane anymore. We were in a ship?.

"Thank the Heavens I was close, eh?". A woman came into view. She was in her mid thirties, had dark hair and a large golden crown on her head. She was in a red Chinese like gown embroided with gold, in her hands she was holding a green-blue sceptre. She smiled at us as we stood up from the ship's floor.

"Thank you Goddess Mazu". Lux said with a low bow before turning to face us. The woman, Goddess Mazu, gave a low bow as well to acknowledge her.

"Guys, this is Goddess Mazu. Aaaand we are on her "flying ship" as we speak at the moment so don't freak out". Lux explained not forgetting the air quotes that she had added.

"Oh trust me, I'm trying not to". I said teasingly trying to catch my breathe.

"Flying ship? Aawessomeee". Malia squealed happily.

Keeper smiled. It was evident that this was an old acquittance of hers though she said nothing. 

Derek just snorted while Peter looked around. Lydia and Jackson were oddly quiet but I was sure that they were saving their comments for later on.

"This is your team?". The Goddess asked.

"Yes, we were to fly to Jamaica but we were attacked and that's why I called you to help us. I apologize if there was any inconvenience caused". Lux answered.

"No worries. I was on patrol anyway. I'll fly you to Jamaica then.. Or even better, I can ship you through the Caribbean Sea". Goddess Mazu offered.

"Thank you. That will be great". Lux responded with a smile.

"It's nothing. Don't mention it. Just make yourselves comfortable. I'll tell Lily to show you to your cabins". Mazu replied as she led us to a hall like room where five men stood.

"This is my team. Four were water demons before and one was a prince but you know how his story goes... His elder brother plotted to kill him, he escaped but all is good now". She said. "Meet Ja Ying and Ja Yong who are twins, Ga Liñ Jong, Mworse who once kidnapped women and turned them into old hags and Prince Bi An". She introduced them to us, they gave a low bow before leaving.

"Plus Lily, she's on your team now, right? She's learning how to use the magic mirror huh?". Lux asked. The Goddess nodded with that same smile that never seemed to fade off of her face.

A young lady almost our age came running towards us shouting Goddess Mazu's name. She was taller, slim and was she under Aderalls or something?..

"Um, this is Lily. Lily, this is Lux.. The daughter of the Jade Emporer and her team". Mazu introduced us, gesturing us with her free hand that wasn't holding the sceptre. Lily was about to kowtow before us but Lux stopped her so she gave a low bow instead.

"I have heard great and many things about you. But how comes you look younger than me? I thought the many things a god or goddess did the older they became.. But you look like you're sixteen or something". Lily said as she tilted her head a little while looking at Lux.

"I'm immortal, remember?". Lux said totally amused by the way the older girl was hyper. "She's just like you". Lux mind linked me.