𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬 || 𝐯.𝐡

so its currently 4 in the morning and im hungry asf but i dont wanna wake my mom cause she'll be pissed im up this late. um, so the next few chapters are probably gonna be some real sad reality shit so i'm sorry if you dont really like that stuff. i'm going through the death of my cousin. um, and i'm really sad atm but i'll be fine. how is your morning/afternoon/evening?

viktor placed your hand on his cheek as tears came from his eyes to his cheeks. you were crying too, it just wasn't nearly as noticeable. he didnt want to leave you, but you and him both knew he had to. at least for your own safety. he didnt want to HAVE TO leave you, but he also didn't want you hurt. especially if he caused it. he went to visit you at your favorite place to hang out. it was at a park under a tree. you'd usually go there to draw. he wanted to be able to kiss you, hold you, and talk with you one last time.

"are you sure you cant just run away with me? from all of this madness?" you said, your voice breaking. you and viktor were just 17 and you wanted him to come with you as you ran away from your toxic life with your mother. you had been saving money for the past 4 years. now that you had enough money, you could leave and find a new life. "i need to keep you safe. even if it means separating us two." he said sadly, his hair slightly covering his face.

you took your hand away, looking down as you silently sobbed. you didnt want viktor to leave. he was the only happiness that you ever had. "y/n, look at me" he said. it was nearly a whisper, but you could tell he was trying so hard not to break down. you shook your head and continued whimpering, trying not to be loud. you heard shuffling and then felt two arms embrace you, making you let all of your sobs out. "its okay, we'll see each other soon." viktor said, softly kissing your forehead. you wanted him to hold you forever. but you knew he couldn't. he had to leave whether you liked it or not.

you both cried together, not even caring if you got weird looks from people. you looked up at him and wiped the tears from his face. his eyes bloodshot and his nose a pinkish red. he looked at you in awe and smiled. you always loved his smile. it always brought comfort and warmth to you. you wanted to take a good long look at him. because after today, he would no longer stick by your side.

no more cuddles, no more kisses, no more getting jealous, no more making out, no more late night talks, no more getting drunk, and no more playing music together.

everything you had loved, everything you wanted, everything you needed, was gone. just like that. in a blink of an eye.

you wanted nothing more than to be with viktor. he brought comfort to you. he made you feel loved. he made you feel like you were worth it.

he was the only one who knew about your depression. he was the only one who truly understood you. he always listened and never complained. he loved you.

he looked into your eyes and pressed his soft, pink lips onto yours. you always loved kissing him. it was like opening a present on christmas day. it brought joy to you. however, this time was different. it was full of sorrow, misery, and other negative things. he kissed you like it was gonna be his last. and in this case, it was his last.

he pulled away and smiled warmly at you. he then stood up, pulling her hand out to help you. you took it and stood up. "remember this, and remember this clearly," he said looking you deeply in the eyes. "i love you. and i will always love you. no one can or will change it." you choked up a sob and looked down. he grabbed your hands and made you look at him. "and maybe one day, we can see each other again.." you then felt him walking further from you. "but until next time," you panicked. he softened her gaze and turned forward to start walking.

"you have a choice, viktor." you said, finally finding your voice.

"you're right, i do. and i choose to keep you safe."

and just like that, he walked away. the love of your life, just walked away. and that was the last time you ever saw Viktor Hargreeves.