𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞!!

Start from the beginning

"actually...professor dumbledore...I was wondering if you knew where harry, hermione, and ron were. I noticed that they weren't at school and luna doesn't know where they went either", lily worried.

snape claimed that he didn't know either, leaving lily with no clues or hints.

"I'm afraid I do not ms. lily. though I can assure you that they are on a very important mission", dumbledore answered, stroking his silvery beard.

"important mission?? is there any way I can help them??", lily hastily inquired.

dumbledore hesitated at that request.

"I promise I'll try my best!!", lily followed up, sensing dumbledore's unease.

even though the man was a literal portrait, his wisdom and intelligence had not decreased in the slightest.

"are you sure lily? you're quite young and—"

"I'm sure professor! I'm positive! please, you told me to help draco and once he's free from—from father's grasp, he'll be better than ever. and I promised hermione that that's what friends are for, being there for each other", lily bravely interrupted.

dumbledore let out a small sigh as he looked at the determined little girl in front of him.

it was no wonder that the sorting hat had placed her in hufflepuff. her loyalty to her friends was beyond anyone's imagination.

not only that, but hufflepuffs were excellent finders.

"do you know of your father's origins?", dumbledore questioned, to which lily had relaxed and shook her head.

despite voldemort's moderate visits, the man himself barely spoke to lily unless it was about how much progress she has made on her charms lessons.

"tom marvolo riddle was his original name. quite the bright and handsome boy he was. in fact, you resemble some of his features", dumbledore chuckled.

"really?? so father didn't always look like that??", lily said surprised.

"oh no. the young man was tall and had fair, pale skin. his jet black hair matched his dark brown eyes and he had a very defined jaw...similar to you don't you think, ms. lily?"

lily glanced over at a small mirror that was hung on the wall above the shorter shelf of books.

indeed the girl had resembled what dumbledore had just described.

"if he looked normal, then how did he turn out like that?", lily suddenly asked.

"horcruxes", dumbledore answered.

honestly, a seven year-old shouldn't be learning about such evil arts at such a young age—or any age at all—but dumbledore had no choice, as it was bound to happen.

"horcruxes?"

"a horcrux is an object in which a dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul in it to preserve their life, creating immortality", the old wizard explained.

"but how does one split their soul and force it into an object??", lily asked, becoming more and more curious.

"they...the person must commit a murder. that's the simplest way I can explain it to you as of now, ms. lily".

lily felt her blood run cold.

if her father had wanted to become immortal, in which he had definitely achieved, she wondered how many innocent people he had murdered to make the horcruxes.

"and...and how many did he make, sir?"

"he planned six", dumbledore answered, not going more in detail with the horrid act.

"so...harry, ron, and mione are looking for those horcruxes. but do you know what the items are? or where they are?", lily questioned, trying to keep her mind away form the fact that her father had killed people for his own selfishness.

"thanks to mr. longbottom, ms. lovegood, and you, ms. lily, the diadem was destroyed along with tom's diary and the gaunt ring", dumbledore slightly smiled, making lily glad that she had unknowingly helped.

"so...that's three. but there's three more out there—"

"phoebe, who are you talking to?", snape suddenly asked, making the girl flinch.

"I-I...myself", lily lied, making snape quite suspicious.

though the man decided not to pry, as he had more important matters at hand.

"phoebe, remember to keep the potion with you at all times, understand? I will see you soon", snape mumbled as him and lily had walked out the office, going to meet draco, who's here to pick lily up.

"how soon papa?"

"when this is all over", snape whispered as he patted the girl's head.

lily tightly hugged snape one last time as she pecked the man's forehead, making him freeze like the great lake who's ice was thin and fragile.

"goodbye papa!!"

"see you soon...phoebe".

//❁//

as snape had reentered his new office, dumbledore had once again spoken.

"I'm sure you know where you should head next, severus".

snape pulled out godric's sword from behind the portrait as he kept in mind his next destination.

"indeed. the forest of dean".

╔═══════════════╗

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝