Chapter Six: One Step Forward And Yet Two Steps Back

"Miyashita-san really said that?" Jasmine said as she ate. "Yeah. It made me so mad. What did he mean he'd take her from me?" Haruna asked, angrily eating the food in front of her. "Who knows? Maybe he's got a thing for Kana-chan now," Jasmine said with a shrug.

Currently, Jasmine, Haruna and Chiyo were sitting on the roof of the school eating lunch as usual. As a breeze blew through, Jasmine shivered. "It's gettin' way too cold to be eating up here," she complained. "It's not that cold," Haruna commented. "I can't wait for fall to get here! The colors are so pretty!" Chiyo said happily. "Don't you think so too Haru-chi?" she tacked on. Attempts like this had become routine, as Chiyo continued to try to get back on Haruna's good side. However, for this time just like all the others, Haruna gave a very curt response. "I guess," she said, barely giving any attention at all to the question that had been directed toward her.

Jasmine sighed, finding the tension between Haruna and Chiyo tiresome. "What do you think I should do Jasmine-chan?" Haruna asked, shifting the topic back to her other main problem. "What, you're askin' me?" Jasmine asked, a little surprised. "Well, you do have more relationship experience don't you?" Haruna pointed out. "Guess that's true," Jasmine agreed. Since Haruna had met her, she had seen Jasmine have more boyfriends than she could count. Currently she was single, and Haruna was pretty sure that this stretch had to be the longest that Jasmine had ever gone without dating someone.

"What about me Haru-chi?" Chiyo asked. "I'm pretty sure one-night stands don't count as being in a relationship," Jasmine said. "You make it sound so cold when you put it like that Jas-chin! Those nights were actually pretty hot y'know?" Chiyo said with a wink. "That's enough of that," Jasmine said, putting her hand up in front of Chiyo's face. "So anyways Haru-chi, you want my advice?" Haruna nodded. "Hmmm. Well, I think Miyashita-san really might be serious. I mean, people don't usually say something like he did if they don't mean it," Jasmine said. "Great. Miyashita-kun is just the competition I need..." Haruna said sarcastically as she started to sulk. "C'mon Haru-chi, it's not like all hope is lost. Those two aren't an item yet right?" Jasmine said. Haruna looked back up at Jasmine. "So that means now's the time to take action."

Haruna stared. "Action?" she repeated. "Yep. First, you gotta get Kana-chan to notice you more than Miyashita-san," Jasmine said. "How do I do that?" Haruna asked. "Impressions are everything, from how you dress to what you two do together. Speaking from experience, I think the best thing for you would be to go on a date. A real one this time," Jasmine explained. "D-Date?!" Haruna yelped. "How the hell am I just supposed to ask Kanako out on a date?! There's no way I can do that!"

"Relax Haru-chi. I'm not askin' you to bare your soul to Kana-chan or something, geez." Jasmine said. Haruna waited in silence for the gal to continue. "Look, everything works out perfectly for you in this scenario. If a boy asks a girl to go out somewhere, at least one of them totally thinks it's a date. If a girl asks another girl to go out somewhere, it's just normal. And let's not forget, I got you the perfect outfit for just this day," Jasmine said proudly. Haruna thought back on the summer, remembering the day she and Jasmine had gone shopping and Haruna had come away with a new set of clothes. "Right..." Haruna muttered. "I guess you were right about needing clothes like that." Jasmine nodded coolly and confidently in agreement.

"Wow Jas-chin, you sound pretty smart!" Chiyo joked. "Of course I do to a doofus like you," Jasmine said back easily. "Hey, don't be mean!" Chiyo whined. "Um, can we get back to this date I'm supposedly going on?" Haruna asked. "Sure, sure," Jasmine said as she waved Chiyo away. "Look Haru-chi, it's real simple. All you have to do is ask Kana-chan to go out with you on a Saturday to shop or something. Then for the day, you throw on that outfit I picked out for you and get her to compliment you on it. Lastly, have as much fun as possible. Easy right?"

Date Her Instead Vol. 3On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara