For the Freedom of Fodlan:

Start from the beginning

Byleth shifted over and turned to him, "Dimitri?" she questioned quietly.

Dimitri opened his eye to see both of her blue eyes scanning his face intently, "My apologies, beloved I did not mean to wake you" Dimitri murmured.

Byleth's eyes crinkled as a smile crept on her face, "I wasn't asleep either" she said softly. One of her hands rose from under the covers and cupped his cheek "Is something wrong?" she asked quietly.

Dimitri shook his head, "No, my beloved" he said softly "I was just thinking is all" he sighed.

Byleth furrowed her eyebrows, "About what?" she asked.

"If... I will bear the burden of the dead still" Dimitri said.

Byleth was silent for a moment, her thumb began to stroke his cheek ever so softly "I am sorry Dimitri" she said "I cannot give you those answers" she sighed "All I can say is that only you alone can decide whether you succumb to the weight of the dead, but... My love you have suffered enough" Byleth said softly.

Dimitri raised his left hand from under the covers and rested it on top of Byleth's hand, "Thank you my beloved" he whispered and Byleth smiled at him.

...

Sothis is definitely laughing down from the heavens down at them.

That is the conclusion that Dimitri has drawn at least.

As they prepared to leave from the monastery to Fhirdiad they were intercepted by a soldier that Holst had sent for them. It appeared that their fighting wasn't over yet.

Out of everyone and everything to emerge as a threat...

Nemesis was the last thing that Dimitri would have ever expected.

Claude and Dimitri stared dumbfound at one another as the soldier began recounting everything that Holst had told him.

"Where did this army come from?" Dimitri finally asked.

"The eastern mountains in Hrym territory" the soldier answered.

"From Shambhala" Claude said.

The soldier nodded, "That is what Lord Holst said" he replied.

"And they managed to get through him?" Dimitri asked, wanting to confirm it.

"Yes" the soldier said "Lord Holst sent a message for aid to Count Gloucester, I have no idea what has become of him but Lord Holst was injured and is in Goneril estate" he said "Lord Holst believes it is up to your army to defeat them" he added.

Claude sighed, "And why's that, don't tell me Count Gloucester isn't as strong as he used to be, he has Lorenz's assistance as well" Claude said.

"The leader of the army carries a sword with a striking resemblance to the sword of the creator" the soldier said.

"What?" Dimitri said in shock.

"And is raising flags that bear the crest of Flames" the soldier added.

"So, in other words..." Claude began but trailed off.

"Nemesis" Dimitri said.

The soldier nodded, "That is who Lord Holst believes it to be as well".

Dimitri and Claude were silent for a moment, "I see" Dimitri finally murmured "Thank you, we shall prepare immediately" he added.

The soldier nodded and went on his way.

"Freaking Nemesis?!" Claude said, "Do you think maybe Shambhala falling awoke him?" he asked.

Dimitri sighed, "It's possible" he said, "We need to alert the others, and prepare to leave as soon as possible" he added.

Emerald RainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara