The Return:

Dimitri:

Byleth swings the sword of the creator at one of the mages around her, Dimitri rushes over to her aid. He knows that she will be fine, since her magic tolerance is high, but... He would prefer for her to not get injured.

Dimitri lashed at one of the mages with his lance, his crest flashed and for a moment he feared that it would break. He had left Areadbhar behind and opted for a plain silver lance for his travels, but if who they are after, are in fact those who slither in the dark then Dimitri may have made a grave mistake.

Byleth turned swiftly to him and lashed her blade at a mage that was nearby Dimitri. He eyes once over him quickly then when it processed a few seconds later her eyes wide "Dimitri!" Byleth exclaimed.

Dimitri smiled, "Hello my beloved" he said. It looked like there was more she wanted to say but they were fighting so timing was less than ideal, "We'll talk once the fighting stops Byleth" Dimitri said and attacked at an assassin that was approaching them.

The fighting didn't last that much longer.

Byleth took down one of the last mages then turned to Dimitri immediately, "It's good to see you again" she said.

Dimitri furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm glad that you are safe, but you had me worried" he said "What if something happened to you?" he added sternly.

Byleth cupped Dimitri's cheek, "Dimitri, I am fine" she sighed "I do apologize for leaving you in the dark for so long" she said and rubbed his cheek with her thumb.

"Those were soldiers from those who slither in the dark, correct?" Dimitri asked.

Byleth nodded, "Yes, they are" she confirmed.

Dimitri frowned, "Why are they here?" he asked.

"They are searching for Flayn and Seteth" Sylvain butted in as he walked over to them and looked at Byleth, "Am I right?" he asked.

"Yes, that is correct," Byleth said.

Edelgard approached the three of them, "We believe that they are somewhere in this area, we just have yet to search thoroughly" she said "We do not wish to scare them off" she added.

"But we also can't let those who slither in the dark scare them off either" Byleth said, "But there is one good thing that has come of this" she said.

Dimitri tilted his head in confusion, "What might that be?" he asked.

"We know where their city is," Byleth said.

Dimitri stared at her for a moment, "City?" he asked.

Byleth nodded, "Mhm, a city" she confirmed "It's underground too, can you believe that?" she added.

"Where is this city?" Sylvain asked.

"In Hrym territory" Edelgard said "It's hidden in the mountains of the eastern area there, it's also remarkably close to Goneril territory" she added.

Dimitri nodded, "I see, now that we have where they are, we should strike" he said.

Byleth nodded, "I agree, but for the time being we need to find Flayn and Seteth" she said "I am certain they will be able to tell us much more about them than we know" she added.

"Why is that?" Sylvain asked.

Byleth raised her eyebrows in surprise, "I would have thought you out of everyone would have figured out who they are already" she said.

Sylvain furrowed his eyebrows, "Who they are?" he repeated in a questioning tone.

Dimitri was just as lost.