Alliance in Peril:

Claude:

It took a total of four days traveling for Claude to reach the Capital of Derdriu, for the most part everything seemed fine trade was running well, and ships were still making port. It was when Claude finally arrived at his estate, he learned the true nature of what had been happening.

"Nardel?" Claude called out as he entered the Riegan estate.

No response.

Claude looked around and eventually found Nader in his study hunched over a map of the Alliance, "Nardel?" Claude called out, and Nader turned to him.

"Master Claude" Nader said.

Claude shook his head and let out a laugh, "It's just me Nardel" he said "You can drop the formalities" he added.

"Haha, Alright kiddo" Nardel, "Come here we need to discuss the Empire's progression" he said and Claude walked over and stood beside Nardel overlooking the maps, "The Imperial army is being led by Lord Arundel, they entered through some of the bridges in Ordelia territory" Nardel began "Which is why I assumed that it would be a small force coming, but there have been letters coming in from Count Gloucester that there is a big force heading this way" he added.

Claude nodded, "Is Count Gloucester going to fight against them since in order to get here, the Imperial army will need to cross through Gloucester territory to get to Derdriu" he said.

Nardel nodded, "From what Count Gloucester's been writing I would say so, there is no way he can just let them pass through unless he wants to lose standing in the Alliance" Nardel said, "You received a letter a few days ago" he said and began rummaging in his desk till he found the said letter. "Here you go, I take it's from that pretty little friend of yours" Nader said with a wink.

Claude frowned and shook his head at Nardel, then opened the letter.

Dear Claude,

We have found Byleth and will leave from the monastery tomorrow evening and begin our trip to Derdriu.

- Hilda Valentine Goneril.

Ah, so Byleth was safe. What a relief, Claude had been worried about what had happened to her after the battle, but all that matters was she's ok. Plus, it's not like he can pry her for information, Claude will have to wait until they are face to face.

"So, what does it say?" Nardel asked.

Claude set the letter on the desk, "They're on their way with our troops" he said, "But I told them to bring only our elite soldiers" Claude sighed "And if the forces that the Imperial army brings are as great as were expecting then we might be in big trouble" he added.

Nardel nodded, "Maybe we should ask for troops from the other heads of the Alliance?" Nardel suggested.

"Yeah, but they might not be able to if they are defending their own territory from Imperial forces" Claude said, "I know we can count on Judith for support for sure, but I wouldn't expect much from the others" he added. "I hate to have to do this but... I think we might need to ask the Kingdom for support" Claude sighed.

Nardel stared at Claude, "Are you sure that is wise?" he asked "You fought against each other at Gronder" he added,

Claude nodded, "I know" he sighed "But the Kingdom joined us back to the monastery, I had to leave before we were able to talk about them re- joining our forces" Claude added.

"I mean it's worth a shot..." Nardel said, but Claude knew he was uncertain about it.

"That's only as a last resort" Claude said "If the Imperial army is able to advance past Gloucester territory then we will have to ask for their aid" he added.