02 | The Beach.

"The beach

"The beach."

The following day, Phoebe couldn't bring herself to go to school. She had woken up in the middle of the night because of some awful period cramps and had to wash and replace her blood stained bed sheets. Around the time of the Lacrosse try-outs, she was drinking a tea and watching The Originals, hoping that the heat would help ease the cramps.

She wanted to be there for Scott but she couldn't move from her bed.  She was mentally cheering him, when her phone started ringing, indicating Stiles's name.

"Hey, Pheebs! I need to talk to you. Scott is in a rush and he doesn't wanna listen to anything I've gotta say."

"Okay, hold on... Stiles! What's happening?!"

"I overheard my dad on the phone. The fiber analysis came back from the lab in L.A. They found animal hairs on the body from the woods!"

"Stiles, breathe! It was a wolf, wasn't it?"

"It was a wo— How the hell did you know that?!"

Obviously she couldn't say that Derek paid her a visit while she was swimming with her mermaid tail on full display.

"Erm... Why would you be so on edge if it were anything else?"

"Yeah, right. So you know yesterday's joke?"

"The werewolf one?"

"Yeah, how- anyways... I know this is going to sound insane but I need you to believe me! He's- Scott is literally killing the try-outs, he did a flip! A flip! You do realize he's asthmatic right?! There is absolutely no way he could do that without having to use his inhaler. And— And I know it sounds insane but I swear to god I only want to help him—"  

"Okay, Love— Love! Slow down, breathe or you're going to have a panic attack and I can't allow that... alright. Breathe... in and out- in and out."

Stiles's breathing was heard on the other side of the line and Phoebe sighed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, Pheebs. Thank you. But we've got a huge problem, I think that Scott's a werewolf."

"Okay. I believe you."

"I know it's crazy but— what ? You— you believe me?"

"I do, Stiles."

"Thank god.", Stiles sighed in relief. "Can you meet me back at my house? I'm heading there right now and I really need to do some research."

"Alright, see you there."

Phoebe groaned a bit while she stood up, those cramps were real bitches. She took a pain killer pill and started to get dressed up. She didn't wear anything fancy, she just wore some high waisted mom jeans, a pale pink shirt tucked in it and her low cut vans. She just wanted to feel comfortable. She sighed as she grabbed her keys and her phone before making her way to her 1967 chevy impala.