01 | Pretty Illusion.

"Such a pretty illusion

"Such a pretty illusion."

Being a mermaid was the best thing that could have ever happened to Phoebe, even if she could control her shift and the way she looked. Her parents loved her dearly. Poseidon -not the god but the king of their underwater kingdom- and Océana were always proud of their daughter, even if she decided to leave her home two years ago to go to a place called "Beacon Hills".

In Beacon Hills Phoebe met two guys, Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski. They instantly clicked and decided that Phoebe Océane -the surname she forged herself to always keep her mother in her mind- was their best friend, making the three of them inseparable from the moment they met.

Being only sixteen meant that Phoebe needed to go to school. As a sophomore. She was relatively smart and she genuinely loved high school. It was fun. She got ready when she woke up, opting for a pale pink dress that had a mid-thigh length and a white crop top with tiny cherry imprints on it. She put on her white shoes that gave more hight to her tiny figure and grabbed her backpack.

She parked at Beacon Hills High School at the same time as Scott arrived, riding his bike. He adjusted his own backpack just as Jackson Whittemore arrived like one of the Apocalypse's four horsemen with his arrogant look and silver Porsche. The douche got out of the car and shot McCall a nasty look.

"Dude!", Jackson all but screamed. "Watch the paint job."

Scott looked offended seeing as Jackson was the one to push him with his car's door. He wanted to answer him When Phoebe beat him to it.

"Watch your mouth Jackass. It's too early in the morning to deal with anything related to you, especially when I still haven't had any sweet thing. Now get out of my sight before I decide to give a new paint job to your trash can."

Jackson scoffed and left the two friends. Once he was out of sight, Phoebe stopped glaring at his retreating figure and turned to Scott, giving him a bright smile and trying her best to wave with the hand that was holding keys while she held a hot chocolate and her phone in the other.

"Scute McCute! How are you doing?", Phoebe greeted, grinning.

Scott chuckled slightly, his eyes glittering while greeting his best friend back. They made their way to the entrance of the high school where the third musketeers, Stiles, caught up with them.

"Okay, let's see this thing.", Stiles started excitedly.

Scott left up his shirt to show Stiles his bite wound, catching Phoebe's attention at the same time. Her eyes widened and her mouth fell agape. How the hell did he get that wound?!

"Ooh!", Stiles exclaimed.

"Yeah...", Scott sighed.

Stiles poked the bandage, causing Scott to flinch in pain. Phoebe narrowed her eyes and looked at the tanned boy.