“Shut up, Pil Guk.” Madame Kwon answered. She walked over to Dara’s and cupped her face harshly. “I’m sorry not to feel sorry, Miss Park. It’s okay though, since corpses don’t talk.” She let go of her face, but Dara could feel the mark left by Madame Kwon’s fingers.

“Just kill her. Don’t touch her or anything.” Madame Kwon told Pil Guk, her back facing Dara. “We owe that to her, at least.”

“We don’t owe that bitch nothing, Yuhee.” Pil Guk snapped.

“Shut up and follow my instructions, Pil Guk.” The older woman answered. “She’s not even supposed to be in this mess.”

Pil Guk growled, but said nothing more. “I’m sure Jiyong’s already going berserk.” Jaejoong told Pil Guk.

The other man cocked his eyebrows. “What would I do then?”

“You want to kill her to make Jiyong fall, right?” Pil Guk nodded. “Then he can’t suspect me. I was the one he trusted to make her safe. If he suspects anything, the plan is ruined.”

Pil Guk thought about it for a moment before answering. “Okay, go on. Pacify Jiyong and come back here soon.”

Jaejoong bowed before leaving. As soon as he was out of earshot, Madame Kwon spoke. “Do you really trust that kid?”

Pil Guk showed her an amused face. “Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?”

--

Jaejoong walked out of the place, his every step firm but fast. He was busy looking down on his phone that he didn’t notice Yuri.

“Jaejoong oppa?” The girl called out, curious. “Why are you here?”

He paled, not knowing what to do. Before he could utter a word, Yuri bombarded him with questions. “Jiyong oppa’s going psycho! He’s asking around where you are! Is Dara unnie okay?! Oppa, c’mon, answer me! Where is Dara unnie?!”

Jaejoong held Yuri’s shoulders. “Dara’s fine. I’ll go to Jiyong now, okay? You be good. And I thought you won’t be here?” His brows furrowed.

“Oh, really? That’s good then.” She sighed in relief. “Ah, I chose to go back from the sleepover. I miss home already,” she pouted. Suddenly, her mouth parted. “Oh! How did you know I wasn’t supposed to be here though?”

“Ma– Madame Kwon told me.”

“Really? Where is omma, anyway?” She looked around. “She’s supposed to be ar–”

“Look Yuri, I’ll see you, okay? Take care.” He hurriedly said and ran to the staircase.

Yuri curiously looked at his back. Jaejoong oppa’s sure acting strange... She thought as her gaze lingered at the door where he came from. Should I check? Maybe omma’s there.