Chapter 17

Mandy's POV

"Can I join?" Someone said. I turned around to see who it was. Oh no. Jack. "Um. Um-". "Sure!" Tanner said. Jack smiled. He walked up to me. "So. We met earlier." He said. "Uh, yeah." I said. "Let's play ball!" Tanner said. "Ok. You're on my mommy's team." Tanner said. Jack looked at me and smiled. Jack went behind me, I guess to play as in the outfield. Tanner picked up the bat. I tossed the ball. Tanner hit it. It went high in the air. Jack ran after the ball. He caught the ball in the air. "Awe man!" Tanner yelled. Jack ran to me. "I guess it's your turn." "Yeah. I guess so." I said. I walked over to the bat and picked it up. Tanner went out to the outfield. Jack tossed me the ball and I missed it. "Oh my god." I said while covering my face. I was embarrassed. Jack and Tanner were laughing at me. I then laughed at myself. I picked the ball up and threw it back to Jack. He tossed the ball again and I hit it. I ran the bases. Tanner chased me with the ball. As I was going through second base, Jack stopped in front of me. Jack wouldn't let me through. Tanner then tagged me with the ball. "Thanks a lot." I said sarcastically. Jack laughed. "Your turn." I'm told Jack. He picked the bat up. I went out in the outfield, while Tanner pitched. Tanner pitched the ball to Jack and Jack hit it. I ran after the ball. After getting the ball, I ran after Jack. I threw the ball and hit Jack in the head. "Oops sorry. Sorry not sorry." I said then laughed. Tanner laughed. "Haha. So funny. Jack said sarcastically. "Let's play kickball!" Tanner said.

I grabbed the kickball. "Okay. Your mommy and I are just going to stay in the field, so you can kick all the time." Jack said. "Yay!" Tanner said excited. I rolled the ball. Tanner kicked it. It rolled on the ground to Jack. Jack was chasing Tanner with the ball. It put a smile on my face. Tanner stepped on home plate and Jack picked him up. He ran with him, like I ran with Tanner earlier. He then put him down and went back out to the outfield. I rolled the ball. Tanner kicked the ball in my face and made my glasses come off. I fell to the ground. Tanner was laughing. "I'm sorry mommy!" Tanner said while running over to me. Jack ran over to me. "Are you okay?" He said while picking me up. I rubbed my face. "Yeah." I said then looked at him in the face. He let go of my hand. He just looked at my face. He didn't say nothing for about fifteen seconds. Then finally he spoke up. Mandy?" Oh shit. "Yeah..." I said. Oh god. What's going to happen now!