Chapter 60

Jack's POV

I felt somebody touching my face. I rubbed my eyes. After rubbing my eyes, I opened them. I was setting on the ground. There were trees surrounding me. I stood up. I looked around and saw no one. "Is anyone there?" I walked around the trees. "Hello!" I screamed.

I was walking and soon came up to a vine tree. I pull the vines out of my face and saw a little boy standing twenty feet away from me. His back was facing me. "Hello?" I was walking, until he boy turned around. I stopped walking once the boy turned around. "Tanner?" "Daddy!" The little boy yelled and ran to me. I knelt down on my knees and reached my arms out to me. He was getting closer to me. He was close to me, so I grabbed him into a hug, but he ran right through me like I was a ghost. I stood up quickly I turned around. I looked at Tanner. "You're not real. You're not real!" Tanner started to cry. He than ran off.

I chased after Tanner. "Wait! I'm real! I'm real! Tanner!" I was running after him, until we came upon a river bank with a waterfall. There was a girl standing there. Her back was facing us. Tanner pulled on her dress and she turned around. "Mandy?" "Jack?" We ran to each other, but we end up going through each other. I turned around and looked at her. She looked back at me with an upset look. "Oh. I see." She said. "What do you see?" I asked curious. "You're not here. You're gone..." "What do you mean, I'm gone!?" She ignored me and walked back to Tanner. I tried to grab her arm, but my hand went right through her hand. She picked up Tanner. She looked back at me. "Bye Jack." Her and Tanner then started to go up in the air. "Where are you going!?" I ran after then. As I was running after them, I fell. I kept falling. I was falling all the way to the ground. My body about hit the bottom, until I opened my eyes.

I woke up quickly. "Oh my god Jack!" Mandy cried while pulling me into a hug. She started to cry. I was confused. Where am I? She pulled away from the hug. I notice I was laying in a hospital bed. "You're alive!" She hugged me again and kissed me on the lips. She pulled away from the kiss. "Tanner! Tanner!" A little boy ran into the room. It was Tanner! I got off the hospital bed quickly and ran over to Tanner. I picked him up and hugged him tightly. I started to cry. Tanner was even crying. "I missed you daddy." Tanner said in my ear. His tears were hitting my night gown. Mandy ran over to us. We all hugged each other. I put Tanner back on the floor. I pulled Mandy into a tight hug. "Please don't ever leave me again!" I cried into her ear. "I won't!" She cried her eyes out. My hands cupped her cheeks and I kissed her. The nurses rushed in the room. We all smiled at each other.

A month later...
I have currently moved in with Mandy. Tanner was doing good in school. Mandy and me were also doing good in college. On Mondays, Wednesday, and Fridays I would pick Tanner up from school. Mandy would pick him up on the other days. Everything was doing good.

Mandy and me sat on the couch, cuddle up, and watching tv. I looked down at her and smiled. She smiled back. I then kissed her on the lips. "Why so happy Mr. Gilinsky?" "Well, Ours, I'm happy because I'm with you and Tanner. You guys make me so happy. I'm so glad we have a family." I kissed her again. I looked into her eyes. "I couldn't ask for anything better." I kissed her forehead. She looked up at me and smiled. My life couldn't get no better.