Chapter 16

Jack's POV

"Jack get up!" Jack said while shaking me. I got up. "What you want?" I said kind of grouchy. "Can we borrow your keys now?" He asked. I looked over at the clock. It read 7:45p.m. "Why you leaving early?" I asked sleepy. "We are going to stop at a couple places." He said. "I don't care. They are hanging up on the key shelf." I said. "Okay thanks." He said.

I laid back down. After laying down about two minutes, I heard the door shut. I couldn't fall back asleep, so I just got up. I walked to the bathroom to brush my teeth because my breathe smelt like beer. After doing that, I walked out to the living room. I decided I wanted to go for a run. I already had a tee shirt and shorts on. All I needed to do was to put my tennis shoes on. I walked back to my bedroom to grab my phone and headphones, so I could listen to music while I run. I walked back out to the living room and put my tennis shoes on. I didn't grab an apartment key because there was one under the welcome mat.

I walked out of the door and made sure the door was locked. I started to go downstairs, but I stopped because I forgot to get a water. As I was going back, I looked down at the balcony and saw a woman and a little boy playing baseball. I stopped my music and took my earphones out. "You can't catch me mommy." The little boy said. "Watch and see." The woman said. I then took a good look at the little boy. It was the little boy for Walmart.

I didn't feel like running anymore. I wanted to go play with that little boy. I walked down to where the woman and the little boy was playing. "Ew mommy. Stop!" As the little boy said, while his mommy was kissing him. I finally spoke up. "Can I join?" I asked.