{POND LIFE}

January

January

Alex's age: 0

"Do you think babies can actually understand us?" Amy asks one day as she watches Willow change Alex's diaper.

"What?"

"I mean...The Doctor can speak to babies, and they understand him, but do they understand humans?"

"I don't know!" Willow laughs "I guess The Doctor is technically speaking 'baby' when he speaks to them, but we just hear English. So no, they can't,"

"Hm... boring," Amy turns around and exits the TARDIS nursery.

The ponds were back on board for the occasional trip and Willow and the Doctor were getting used to parenting. When Willow had re-entered the house on Christmas, she wasn't exactly sure how to bring up the fact River had most likely broken into a secure security faculty to rescue her niece. So, she'd asked to speak to The Doctor privately for a minute, and he'd cried when he saw Alexandra, and he still cried sometimes when he went into the nursery to check on her. 

He'd slept in the nursery for months after she returned, and Willow had only recently coaxed him into bed with her, but he still left in the middle of the night occasionally. Willow couldn't blame him though, she found herself waking up from nightmares where her daughter was taken again and she has to rush to the nursery to check she's there. And she is, sleeping peacefully or staring up at the ceiling where The Doctor had made it so stars circled around.

February

Alex's age: 1

Amy and Rory are asleep on the sofa, and a small cot is set up in the corner where Alex is laying, staring up at the mobile above her head. Willow knocks on the door and Rory groans as Willow uses her own key to get in, knowing her parents were probably exhausted.

"Just me!" she shouts, walking through the house and when she gets to the living room, she sees Alex sit up, reaching out for her "Hey darling," she picks her up and Alex giggles, playing with her mother's hair and pulling it up to her own, trying to see if they looked the same "how was she?" Willow asks her parents who were slowly waking up.

"Hm, great, yeah," Amy puts both thumbs up with her eyes closed

"Good, I'll leave you two for Nap time," Willow laughs, picking up Alex's care bag and leaving the house.

March

Alex's age: 2

"I'm worried," Willow admits as her and The Doctor sit at the edge of the TARDIS, Alex in The Doctor's arms "They say babies should start speaking at 12 months but -"

"She'll be fine," The Doctor reassures, looking at his wife "She's just a late bloomer,"

"But you said that she'd be more advanced,"