{THE POWER OF THREE - 1}

"I thought it'd drive him mad

"I thought it'd drive him mad..."

"I think he misses you...I miss you too,"

"Okay," 

"I - I also have to tell you something, and you can't tell The Doctor!"

----------&----------

Rory and Amy are sleeping peacefully, when the doorbell starts ringing loudly. It doesn't even finish ringing when it's being rapidly pressed again. The couple both groan and Rory gets out of bed first, grabbing his dressing grown as he opens the bedroom window and looks down at the street. Brian is stood, staring up at his son.

"Dad...it's half past six in the morning..." Rory says tiredly as Amy joins him at the window.

"What are you doing lying around? Haven't you seen them?" Brian holds up a perfectly square cube and the street is covered in identical versions of the cube, like they fell from the sky.

Rory and Amy sigh, heading downstairs and joining Brian in the street.

"What are they?"

"Nobody knows. They're everywhere."

"Well, where have they come from?" Amy looks around the street and her eyes are drawn to the park across the road, "Wait..."

A man in a tweed jacket is sitting on top of a child's climbing frame examining a box, next to him is a little girl with dark blonde hair up in a ponytail, bellow them, a woman in black doc martens is leaning on the frame.

"Doctor!" Amy shouts, recognising the family.

"Invasion of the very small cubes. That's new..." The Doctor turns around and Amy smiles.

----------&----------

Back in the TARDIS, The Doctor is examining the cubes and Willow, Alexandra and Amy are watching the news on the TARDIS scanner.