We walked around the store and grabbed all of the things we would need, then got back to my place. I was actually pretty excited to paint today since it was going to give me a sense of closure I think.

"I'll set up, you get the snickers bars." I said then pulled out the tarp and the tape.

My room was already mostly empty since I had to throw out a lot of things that Daisy ruined so getting the tarp on the floor was easy. "Hey, babe?" I called out as I tried to tape the walls.

"What's up?" Colby asked as he came in, holding the candy in his hand. "Can you help me get this tape up?" I asked and huffed out a breath in frustration. "Yeah, you can sit on my shoulders." He said then crouched down in front of the bed.

I giggled then positioned myself to be able to sit on his shoulders safely. I squealed with fear when he stood up but he held my legs securely, making me feel safe.

Colby walked around the room as I taped the borders of my wall. "Okay, I think that looks good, don't you?" I asked as he chuckled. "Looks good to me." He said then carefully set me onto my feet.

We sat in the middle of the floor for a minute and ate our snickers. "It's horrible that she wrote all of those things about you." Colby said as we looked around the room at the horrible names Daisy had written on the walls.

"I don't understand why she hates me so much." I said quietly as I pulled my knees to my chest. "I don't either. You didn't do anything wrong, V. Don't ever think that you did." He said as I sighed. "I don't know...I just...maybe I did do something wrong. Friends don't betray friends like that." I said as he shook his head and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Friends also don't do this though." He said and gestured to the room. "I guess you're right." I said quietly then stood up. "Are you ready to paint?" I asked and reached my hand out to him so I could help him up. "Let's do this." He said then gave me a sweet kiss.

"We need to prime first, then let it dry, then paint the main white coat." I said and handed him a roller brush. "Got it." He said then turned towards the wall and started painting.

"Are you more excited or nervous to move?" Colby asked as we painted. "Mostly nervous. I'm scared your friends won't like me." I said with a sigh and bit my lip.

"They're gonna love you! You already know Sam, and he really likes you. Jake and Corey are easy to get along with and the girls are so excited to meet you. Don't be nervous about that." He said as I shrugged.

"I'm also nervous about getting a job, I guess." I said with a shrug. "We can start looking tonight if you want. I think it's gonna be easier than you think." He said as I sighed. "I hope so." I said then continued to paint.

We ordered Chinese food so we could eat it while the paint dried. We sat down and talked for a while before it was time to actually start painting the white coat.

"Is there a method to this or can I just do whatever the fuck?" Colby asked as he dipped the roller in the paint. "Uh...it white so I think you can do whatever the fuck." I said with a laugh as I grabbed the actual brush so I could paint the borders.

"Hell yeah." He said then started rolling it like a crazy person. I laughed as paint flew everywhere, "You're such a loser!" I said with a laugh as I looked down at my paint splattered outfit.

Luckily I had changed out of my work clothes and into a tshirt and shorts.

"Shit, I think I missed a spot." Colby said as he took the brush from my hand and painted my cheek with it, "Colby!" I yelled with a laugh as I snatch the brush back, dipping it in the paint so I could get him back.

"No way!" He yelled then started to run away, "Stop!" I yelled with a laugh as I chased him around the room.

He ended up turning around, giving me the opportunity to paint his cheek. "Come here!" He yelled then lunged for me as I turned around and ran, squealing as I did so.

He wrapped his arms around my waist then lifted me up, spinning me around as I laughed. "I win." He said as I leaned my head back into his chest, looking up at him as he stopped spinning me.

"Come get your prize." I said then turned around, standing on my tiptoes so I could press my lips against his. He pulled me closer, as he dropped the paintbrush, deepening the kiss.

I melted into him for a minute before there was a loud knock on the door. "The foods here." I whispered as we pulled away.

I made my way out of the room carefully, so I wouldn't step on any paint.

I looked in the mirror and laughed at my appearance as I grabbed the tip money, then opened the door.

My heart stopped as I dropped the money on the floor, staring at the person in front of me.