"I get what you mean." The two began walking down the open road. "But um- I try not to use my trait much. Only when absolutely necessary."

"I have literally never seen you take icecubes you always freeze your drink to cool it," Jungkook said.

"Having a cold drink is an absolutely necessity," Taehyung mumbled, and they both giggled. They walked for at least a good half kilometer or so before Jungkook saw some small shops here and there.

"Do you have any malls here?" Jungkook asked, looking around.

"Um, one. There's a town a few miles away and that has some nice bars and malls and stuff." Taehyung explained. Jungkook hummed. As they walked, a loud shout came.

"Taehyung!!" A girl's squeal came. "Oh my gosh, I didn't know you were coming home?" The girl said excitedly, running over to Taehyung. She looked about 10 or 11 years old. She rushed forward and hugged Taehyung. Taehyung chuckled and hugged her back.

"How are you, Mira?" Taehyung asked. The girl grinned. "I'm good! Hey! Everyone!" She said, catching the attention of some shopkeepers. "Taehyung's back!"

Taehyung smiled shyly at them, waving. Jungkook looked with big eyes. Everyone was asking him how the school was, how the big city was, how everything was. Taehyung just gave short, quick, demure responses and then quickly went away.

"Everyone knows everyone here," Taehyung explained to the rather puzzled Jungkook. "So naturally, the whole town knows about the one kid who got into the fancy school in Seoul,"

"Makes sense," Jungkook said. "It's nice, y'know. So jovial."

Taehyung finally stopped in front of a house. It looked moderately sized from the outside, dark wooden paneling on the outer walls, a front yard with many flowers growing on it. The windows had flower pots on the sills. Taehyung took a deep breath, and before he could move forward, the door burst open.

"Taehyung!" An older woman with greying brown hair gasped and then ran out of the house, running towards Taehyung. She hugged him, wrapping her arms oh so tightly around him. "Oh my honey cub you're home!!"

"Mom," Taehyung hugged her back, chuckling. "At least let me enter the house."

"I missed you so much, my angel. You- what the hell have you done with your hair?!" She cried. Taehyung pursed his lips. "Oh gosh, this is the first time I'm seeing it in person. You look like a city boy!"

"I-I like it, mon. I'll dye it back to brown when it fades away." Taehyung said, and his mum hummed disapprovingly, and then looked at Jungkook, who was standing by them awkwardly.

"Oh! Jungkook, yes? Why, you're such a handsome boy. Come inside!" She said with a smile. Jungkook nodded hurriedly. Taehyung's mom's cheeks were rosy and plump, her eyes bright. She looked very happy to see her eldest son.

His mother went back inside. Taehyung cleared his throat at Jungkook. "Sorry about that. My mom's very... affectionate."

"It's okay! She's lovely. I don't mind, honestly. My mom's the complete opposite." Jungkook said dryly. Taehyung put his hand on his lower back and they both walked inside the house.

"Look, I made lunch! And your favorite for dessert, strawberry pie." Taehyung's mom exclaimed. Taehyung smiled at her. Taehyung's mom looked at Jungkook. "Taehyung loves strawberries. When he was younger, all he ate was strawberries! We had to mix them in every meal for him to eat it," She chuckled.

Taehyung gulped. "Shush, mom. Kook, let me take your bags and put them upstairs."

"I'll do it, Tae," Jungkook offered, but Taehyung put his hand on Jungkook's.