"Dad, the chairs are metallic and cold. I have classes to attend, " I bring up the issue of school because I knew how serious my dad takes my education.

"It's just a day. you'll be fine."

I raise a concerned eyebrow, pulling my phone from my ear to recheck the number. Yep, it was my dad.

"What did you do to my father?"

"Dove, I need to go. I have to get to work. Don't catch a cold on those metallic chairs. Love you."

He ends the call without giving me a chance to say another word. My dad doesn't care if I miss a day of school. I believe the world is finally coming to an end.

"What did he say?" Gray asks when I turn to him.

"He said I shouldn't catch a cold on the metallic chairs," I speak with glazed eyes, staring into the air.

"Who is next?" the officers asks, waving the phone in our faces.

"Don't look at me. I don't have a father, " Zyair crosses his arms, leaning his back on the wall.

"Neither do I, " Aaron pipes.

We all turn to Elliot, whose phone call was our only hope of getting out of here.

"I would love to call my parents, but I can't. I never memorized their numbers, " He shrugs his shoulders at our anticipating faces.

My smile falls, and a scowl settles on my face. "You don't know your parent's cell phone numbers?"

"It's the twenty-first century! What's speed dial and Siri for?"

I run a frustrated hand through my hair, retreating into the cell with Gray's arm around my shoulders.

"If the chairs are too cold for you, you can sit on my legs," He whispers in my ear.

"Don't want you to get a boner in public, " I smirk, patting his chest.

The officer locks the cell behind us, leaving the six of us alone in an enclosed space.

"Whenever I think of prison, I never imagine it this way. I think prison break when I think of prison," Ashley says, breaking the silence.

"Do you think we should call Scofield?" Elliot's eyes light up sarcastically.

"Scofield's gonna take ten years to get us out. His brother should have just spent his initial years. He'd be out by now, " Gray crosses his arms, sighing into his chair.

"Then what do we do? I tired of your faces, " Zyair points at every single one of us.

"Close your eyes, " Gray deadpans.

This felt like another detention, but worse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eight hours. A solid eight hours passed before my dad remembered he had a daughter in holding cell.

By the time the third hour passed, I really started to believe our parents were going to leave us overnight, but thankfully, they didn't.

"So, how was it?" Sheila turns her head to smile at Gray and me as we walked out of the airport building.

"It was great. We made all sorts of new friends. There was this drug dealer. Pretty sick," Gray clicks his tongue, gesturing with his hands.

"I do feel bad for his girlfriend, though. She got arrested because she was traveling with him, " I shake my head.

"And the human trafficker that got caught too. She seemed friendly," Gray shrugs.

A look of panic flashes in Shelia's eyes and she glances at my dad, silently begging him to speak.