40. You and I

~song of the day~
  You and I - One direction

  ~song of the day~   You and I - One direction

"NO!"

Mr. Baker narrows his eyes into slits, and if looks could kill, Aaron would be 12 feet underground. Literally.

"I'm not going to live with your brother. He hates me!" Aaron replies, standing his ground, engaging in a staring contest with his dad.

"Aaron Christopher Baker!"

I knew I heard the middle name Christopher from somewhere.

"I will not let you disgrace me in this county! Get your bags and come with me. Now!" His father grits his teeth, stabbing Aaron's chest with his finger.

Aaron lets out a deep sigh, his shoulders hunched, his head raised to the ceiling. "Dad," his voice is softer this time.

"Aaron, going to London would be great for you. You'll make new friends, " Mr. Baker says in a softer tone, placing his hands on Aaron's shoulders. His eyes flicker to Gray and Zyair. "Good friends."

Zyair broadens his eyes and points to himself, silently asking who? Me?

"This is not a choice, Aaron. We'll talk about this at home. Ensure you follow me immediately, " Mr. Baker's voice is firm and harsh, leaving no room for argument. He gives the rest of us dirty looks before walking away.

Aaron's head falls, standing with his shoulders slouched. Elliot tries to reach out to him, but Gray stops him, shaking his head at Elliot.

We all watch Aaron silently. He sniffs, running his hand through his hair, straightening his shoulders before walking out.

"Are we just going to let him go?" Elliot yells, directing his anger at Gray.

"His father is mad at the moment. It's best not to push him, " Gray replies, walking back into the classroom. He returns with both my bag and his.

"Let's go, Kelch, " He says.

Placing a hand on his shoulders, I stop him, collecting my bag from him. "Elliot, can you drive me home?" I face Elliot, ignoring Gray's stare on me.

Elliot looks at me, letting his gaze shift slightly to Gray. He returns his eyes to me and nods. "Let me get my bag."

"Kelch?"

"I don't want to talk to you right now, " I raise my hand, my palm facing forward, refusing to meet his eye.

Gray lets out a sigh and nods his head. "Look, I'm really-, "

"Are you ready?" I ask Elliot when I see him coming out of the classroom, cutting Gray's words mid-sentence. I knew it was petty of me to treat him like this when he was about to lose one of his best friends, but he had hurt my feelings.