60. Insatiable

~song of the day~
  Need to know - Doja Cat

Gray walks towards me, taking two steps at a time, his hands stuffed into his pockets

Gray walks towards me, taking two steps at a time, his hands stuffed into his pockets. "The guys are-"

He stops mid-sentence and mid-track when he sights my face, his smile crashing down. His eyes dart to his phone in my hands and back to my face. "I-"

"You're leaving?" I scoff, letting his phone fall back to the table. The school had given him an early admission scholarship. I was angry about him leaving and I was angry that he never told me.

"Kelch, listen," Gray stutters, taking slow steps towards me. I stumble backward, maintaining the distance between us.

"You're not even going to be here for graduation. How could you!" My voice is louder than I expected it to be, but I didn't care because I was furious and hurt.

A crowd starts to form around us, the prying eyes of our friends stuck on us.

"Why didn't you ever tell me? Do I mean that little to you!" I bite down on my lips to stop myself from crying. Gray looked broken, or at least I thought he did. I couldn't tell much through my blurry eyes.

"Kelch, I can explain," he reaches his hand out to me, but I move further away.

"I don't even care," I scoff bitterly. "Leave! Luca was better than you anyway."

Immediately the last sentence left my lips, I regretted it. The crestfallen look on Gray's face shattered me, yet I didn't take my words back. I just ran.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in one of the rooms in the beach house, crying my eyes out. I hated myself for feeling this way and how I had spoken to him. But my pride and disappointment remained at large.

A small knock is heard at the door, followed by Gray's voice. "Kelch, can I please talk to you?"

I keep my head buried in between my thighs, hiccuping between my tears. "No. Leave me alone."

Why did I keep saying things I didn't mean? I wanted him near, but I feared if I let him in, I would beg him to stay. I didn't want to be the reason he stayed.

"I'm not leaving, Kelch. I didn't accept it. I swear."

"Just leave me alone!"

"I was always going to tell you about it. I just never found the right time with everything going on."

I stand from the ground and stomp towards the door, jerking it open. "It's best you leave," I frown, squaring my shoulders, looking past his face.

"Kelch, please. Let's-"

"God! Could you be any more annoying?" I yell, fisting my hands dramatically. I move to walk away from him, but Gray stops me by placing his arms over my chest.