𝚂𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚍𝚊𝚢

this is gonna be a detailed chapter like a really boring one because I didn't know what to write.

(it's 8 30am here⬇)

The egg yolk sun poured through the cracks in the blind and awaited entrance into Steve's eyes. He hesitantly opened his eyes and rubbed them. he sat up stretched his arms and let out a huge yawn. He rested his head against the headboard and sighed. He looked next to him and Peggy sleeping under Bucky's arm. A smile crept up his face as he quietly got out of bed, careful not to wake them up.

steve's pov
I was just about to go into the bathroom when I heard stirring. I turned around and saw Peggy sitting up.
"papa" she whined. I went towards her and picked her up. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she placed her head on my shoulder.
"What happened Pegs?" she sniffled and wiped her nose into my t shirt. She looked up, her face was pale and her nose was red. I put the back of my hand on her forehead and quickly retracted it. "Peggy. You're burning up." she curled up into my chest and I went to the bathroom to get a thermometer. "open" I told her, opening my mouth. she opened her mouth and I put the thermometer in. "close" I slipped it out and she rested her head on my chest again. 105.6°F 'oh wow she has a fever alright' i thought to myself. I looked down and she had fallen asleep. I put her on my bed and tucked her in before going back to the bathroom.

"baabe." Bucky 'shouted' in a hoarse voice
"WAIT" I shouted from the shower. I came out with a towel around my waist. "One second hun." I walked back into the bathroom with my boxers and sweatpants.
"What happened" I asked slipping on a comfortable beige, knitted sweater

"I don't feel well"
I walked up to the bed and sat next to him. I placed the back of my hand on his forehead as well and quickly retracted it.
"Babe you're also burning up"
"Also?"
I pointed to Peggy who was sleeping on my side of the bed.
"Lemme get the thermometer. Stay here"
"oh no. no I'm running away" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and went to go get the thermometer. I washed it and went back to Bucky....who was sleeping. I gently shook him awake to see his temperature.
-----------------------------------------------------------
bucky's pov
I opened my eyes and yawned. I looked around the room and Steve wasn't there. Peggy was sleeping in his spot, tucked in the covers. I was just about to get out of bed when Steve walked in and whispered "nope. get back in bed right now"
"but i-"
"nope. you are staying in bed"
"Steve! I need to shower because I feel ew"
he looked at me then sighed in defeat. "fine. but you are staying in bed after. you need to rest"
"fine"
I got out of bed and went in the shower.

steve's pov
I was picking out some clothes for Bucky when Peggy started crying. I came out the closet ;) and went to her.
"What happened baby." I picked her up and went to the nursery to change her. "You wanna eat something?"
"no"
"pegs you have to eat"
"no"
"Peggy" I said sternly. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand and then threw her head back and started crying. "Peggyyy." I picked her up and and went into our room and saw Bucky puttin on one of my hoodies.
"Babe." I pointed to the clothes on the bed.
"I know but these are more comfy" he said, winking at me. I rolled my eyes and put Peggy next to Bucky. She had kinda stopped crying, there were only tears falling from her eyes.
"Play with her please. I'm gonna go get some things from the corner shop. You okay by yourself"
"Steebie. of course I am *sneezes*"
"Are you 100% sure."
"*coughing fit* *sigh* yes steeb"
I chuckled and left.

bucky's pov
since Steve left I was by myself with Peggy. I kinda sat up and put her on my stomach and started playing with her hands.
"So princess. you're sick as well?"
she nodded her head and grabbed my nose.
"ahhhhhh" I shouted. She quickly retracted her hand. I laughed "Peggy I'm joking." she pinched the skin under my chin "ahaaaahhh ok ok I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry Pegster" she took her hand off and turned around and pointed to the TV "stones"
"You wanna watch The Flintstones?" she nodded "Let's watch the Flintstones then. Jarvis put on the Flintstones" I put the blanket over us and she laid down, her head on my chest. I took my book from the bedside table and started reading that until Steve came.

steve's pov
I came home at around 10 15 and started making some banana oatmeal for them and put a small bowl of plum purée in the fridge incase Peggy was hungry later on.

I went upstairs with the tray of oatmeal and when I entered the room I saw Peggy asleep on Bucky's chest and Bucky asleep with a book in one hand and the Flintstones playing. I put the tray on the bedside table and gently woke them up. Peggy was about to cry but I quickly gave her her winter soldier teddy which for some reason was on the floor.
"You guys have to eat something sooooo I made you guys banana oatmeal." they looked at each other and then looked at me. "Come on guys. it's just normal oatmeal with banana and it's good to eat when you have a fever." I said enthusiastically they kept staring at me.

I sighed "if you guys eat this I'll make some chicken soup for dinner." I said, all my enthusiasm gone. Bucky smiled and sat up properly. "Thank you"
I took Peggy off him and sat down next to them.
"one second. I need to get her bib"
I came back from her nursery and put on her bib and fed her oatmeal while she watched the Flintstones.

it wasn't long before they both fell asleep. I wasnt gonna sit by them all day because that's just cliché. instead I decided to do some cleaning and go to the gym. "Jarvis. inform me when Bucky and/or Peggy wake up"

I was in the gym for about 1.5 hours when I decided I was hungry so I ordered some McDonald's. I gotta admit, I did feel bad about not sharing with Bucky but it wasn't my fault that he had a fever. I bought him a happy meal though.
"Mr Rogers. Miss Peggy has awoken"
"Thanks Jarvis"
I went upstairs and Peggy looked like she was about to puke so I ran to her and took her to the toilet just in time.
(super soldier? nahh. super dad) she sat on my knee as I wiped her mouth and started crying.
"I know it hurts Pegs. but hey think about it like this, when you're a big girl, you won't get sick anymore. only Daddy will get sick. Does that sound good?" she nodded her head in my shoulder. I took her downstairs and put her on the island. I don't know why I didn't put her on her highchair but oh well.
"You want some plum purée?"
she tilted her head in confusion. I chuckled and took the plum purée out the fridge. it was a bit too cold but she eats ice cream with Buck so I didn't think to much of it. She liked it which was a huge relief.
"Was that nice?" I said scraping the excess and eating it. (it was really good).
"yes"
"That's good. What do you wanna do now?"
"stoness"
"Stones again?"
"Yes"
"okay then. let's go watch stones"
I took her back to our room and put on The Flintstones while I laid down next to her, slowly falling asleep without knowing it.

"Steeb. Steeb wake up"
I opened my eyes and Peggy was asleep on my chest. I held her as I slowly sat up and then I put her in the middle of me and Bucky. I rubbed my eyes.
"Steeb. I'm hungry" he complained.
"what time is it?"
"I don't know. The clock is right next to you."
"oh crap it's 5 30 already? um I got you a happy meal. you want it now?"
"why am I just hearing about this"
"but y-"
"no excuses steeb. Yes please though." he smiled innocently. I kissed his forehead then went to get his happy meal.

Peggy woke up as soon as buck finished his meal.
"You okay princess?" Bucky asked, taking a sip of his water.
"No. no nice"
"Awww. it's okay. you'll be good soon" he said.
"princess?" I asked
"yeah. I'm trying out different names instead of Pegster. do you want a list?"
"No....... Actually yeah. give me a few examples"
"*chuckles* ok there's buttercup. chipmunk. cinnamon. cupcake. donut. giggles. Hobbit. khaleesi."
"no"
"ok then um missy. nugget. plum although she'll think we're giving her a plum so that's a maybe but it kinda works at the same time because of her love for plums." he added. "ummm pudding. pumpkin. shortcake. stinker. sugar. squirt however that sounds like something Tony would call her. umm what else. duckling? dinosaur egg?"
"Is that a joke?"
"what?"
"dinosaur egg" he smirked and took another sip of his water. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Hmmm cupcake." I said looking at buck. "You hungry cupcake?"
she nodded her head. I smiled at Bucky before picking up Peggy and taking her downstairs.

(yes I googled the nicknames)

I put Peggy in the highchair and gave her half a plum ( I didn't want to ruin her dinner) while I made some chicken soup. Nat gave me the recipe.

I put some in a bowl for me and Buck and strained the soup for Peggy she seemed to love it which was really good. So did Bucky.

9 30pm ⬇

I gave Peggy a nice warm bath before putting her in a black widow onesie (Nat gave it obviously) and put her in her crib. She fell asleep instantly which wasn't great because Bucky is sick and that meant that I would have to wake up in the middle of the night.........again.