06. The Heir of Slytherin

PHOEBE STILL HAD SO MANY QUESTIONS FOR SALAZAR. It had been a few days since he had given her and Tom answers and, surprisingly, Salazar was still in the common room. The other students had attempted to talk to him a few times, but when all Salazar did was speak to them in parsletongue, they quickly stopped.

Phoebe desperately wanted to know more about the two soulmates that Salazar had talked about, but could never the right moment. Lately, everyone had been spending a lot of time in the common room, so she wasn't able to speak to Salazar without the other students finding out that she was a parsletongue. So, she did what she always did when she needed answers and started heading for the library. She was looking a her feet, lost in thought, when she abruptly ran right into someone.

      Immediately she began falling backwards towards the floor. Her eyes closed as she braced for the impact, but it never came. Strong arms wrapped around her waist and held her up, preventing the fall. "Are you okay?" a strong voice came from the person holding her, and she slowly opened her eyes to find Magnus Rider holding her up. His eyes were bright blue and his hair was black as night.

Phoebe's cheeks grew warm with embarrassment as she realized Magnus was still looking at her expectantly, and she was still staring. She quickly stood up and removed herself from his arms. "I'm okay. Are you alright?" she looked at him with a worried expression, "I ran into you pretty hard."

Magnus gave her a dazzling smile, "I'm okay." He stretched his hand out, "I'm Magnus Rider, and you are?"

Phoebe placed her hand in his, "I'm Phoebe Pearson."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Phoebe." he said as he brought her hand up to his lips and placed a light kiss on it.

Flustered, Phoebe gave him a hesitant smile and removed her hand from his. "Thanks." They stared at each other for a moment, the air was electrifying. Someone clearing their throat behind Phoebe is what broke the moment. An arm wrapped around Phoebe's waist, and she was pulled flush to the body. Her whole body tensed. She looked over to see who it was and immediately relaxed when she saw it was Tom.

     "Rider." Tom said as he stared Magnus down. His voice was full of hostility.

      Magnus returned his stare with a guarded expression, "Riddle."

      "Don't you have some place to be?" Tom asked. It was clear that he didn't like the boy standing in front of him. If looks could kill, Magnus would've already been six feet under the ground. Yet, Magnus seemed unbothered.

      "Don't you?" asked Magnus.

The two boys continued to stare each other down, neither one of them wanting the other to win. Finally, Phoebe stepped in. She looked at Tom and gave him a charming smile, "Tom, would you like to join me in the library?"

Tom's lips twitched into a smirk and Magnus faltered a bit as he glanced over to Phoebe. Tom kept his eyes on him as he gave Magnus a smug look and replied, "Of course Phoebe," he then turned to look into her eyes, "I'd love to join you."

Phoebe kept the smile on her face as she faced Magnus again and gave him a small wave, "Bye, thanks for catching me."

Magnus winked at her, "Thanks for running in to me."

Phoebe and Tom then began to walk towards the library again. But before they were too far away, Tom looked back and shot Magnus another murderous glare. Most people would flinch when on the receiving end of Tom's angry look, but all Magnus did was smile.