Ch 1: A Strange Meeting

Blazie

The sun was a beautiful deep orange, on the verge of setting beyond the horizon for the day.

A small, orange female Torchic named Blazie stood in front of a huge tent shaped like a Wigglytuff's head with its arms up in the air. Two totems stood in front of the tent. On the right were the faces of a Hoothoot, Anorith, and Noctowl. On the left were an Aipom, Duskull, and Zigzagoon.

"Ooh..." Blazie paced left and right worriedly, rubbing the back of her head with a wing. She stopped pacing for the moment and looked up at the tent.

Her face straightened into what Blazie hoped was a determined look.

'No, I can do this! Today's the day that I start acting brave! No nervousness.'

Blazie walked toward the entrance. As she stepped onto the grate in front of the tent, a loud voice stopped right in her tracks.

"Pokémon detected!" yelled the voice.

"Whose footprint is it?" shouted another voice. This one sounded WAY louder than the original.

"A Torchic! The footprint is a Torchic's!" replied a third voice, which was a tad softer than the previous two.

Blazie jumped back with fright and immediately got off the grate. "Man, that was scary!"

She looked up at the tent again, then back at the grate. She started to put one foot onto the grate once more, but... Blazie hung her head and put her foot back down. "I promised myself that I'd go to the guild to become a member, but I just..."

Blazie sighed and shook her head in disappointment. She took out a small stone with an inscription from a small bag she had under one of her wings and onto the ground. She stared at the stone for a moment, picked it up, and put it back into her bag. "I just can't do it. I'm such a scaredy-Meowth..."

As Blazie left, two Pokémon, a Koffing and a Zubat, came out of their hiding spot behind a tree, watching her walk away.

"Hey, Cece, did you see what that Torchic had?" asked the Koffing.

Cece nodded. "Sure did, Westley. That little wimp had something for sure. It looked like some kind of treasure."

Westley turned to Cece, a sly smile on his face. "Hey, how about we take it and keep it for ourselves?"

Cece grinned. "Heck yeah! She'll never fight us to get it back!"

As Blazie came close to Bubble Beach, she noticed many sparkling bubbles coming from the group of Krabby on the beach rocks. She followed the sparkling bubbles to the beach and saw the five o'clock sun in the sky.

"Wow, what a pretty sight!" she exclaimed with delight.

She silently followed the bubbles go toward the beach and across the orange-red sky.

'Whenever the weather's good, the Krabby will come out when they're in the mood to show off for a bit,' thought Blazie. 'All of their bubbles reflecting the setting sun right off the waves... It's always so beautiful! I just love it.'

Blazie sat down on the sand and watched the bubbles go past. After about a minute of watching the floating bubbles, she started to get to her feet, wiping off the sand from her body. Then, from the corner of her eye, Blazie noticed something rather strange near the mouth of nearby Beach Cave.

Blazie cocked her head, wondering what it was. She slowly walked over the cave, just in case it was something dangerous. As she got closer, she noticed a small body lying still on the sand, unmoving.