Ch 5: Weird Dream

Pattie walked over to a window and looked out. The moon had already risen, not a cloud in the sky. 'Wow, what a nice night,' she thought as she sat down.

The door opened, and Blazie and Elyon stepped inside. Blazie rubbed her stomach with satisfaction.

"Yummy," Blazie said. "That was a delicious dinner. I haven't been stuffed like that for a while."

Blazie and Elyon lay down on their beds. Blazie took her Relic Fragment from underneath hers.

"I can't wait to get started tomorrow," Blazie said. "Then we can get started on figuring out my Fragment's mystery."

"And how Pattie became a Pikachu," added Elyon.

"That too." Blazie set her Relic Fragment back under her bed and took off the Pecha Scarf. A minute of silence followed.

"I'm glad that I finally managed to come here," said Blazie. "I thought Wiggly would be scary, but he's actually pretty nice. We'll be experiencing all sorts of new stuff tomorrow. But I'm not too scared about it. It'll be great to get started on new adventures and see what's in store for us."

Blazie rubbed her eyes, got up from her bed, and stared out the window. "It's going to be awesome being on an exploration team. See new Pokémon, explore unknown places, make new friends, look for treasure, and solve both of our mysteries...It'll be great when we get started tomorrow."

Blazie yawned, lay down, and set her head on the pillow. "Have a nice sleep Pattie, Elyon."

"Sleep tight, Blazie, sleep tight, Pattie," said Elyon, turning around on her side, falling asleep.

Pattie looked up at the ceiling. 'Now I'm apprenticing here at this guild,' she thought. 'It's actually pretty exciting to be here, working on an exploration team. And it's fun being friends with Blazie and Elyon.' Her eyebrows creased, and she tugged at the bow on her ear. 'But first things first: just who am I exactly? How did I become a Pikachu? Why can I only remember being a human? And how'd I end up on that beach unconscious?'

Blazie let out a loud snore. Elyon had a smile on her face. Pattie looked over at her new friends and saw that they were both fast asleep. Pattie yawned and decided to do the same.

"Forrest, they can't catch up to us now at this point," panted Pattie, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"They're Ghost-type Pokemon, Pattie," said Forrest, his silhouette shrouded in darkness. "They'll never get tired. Right now, we're the ones who are winding down."

Pattie clutched her friendship necklace and fearfully looked back. Courage coursed through her body. She turned to Forrest, and her face locked with determination.

"Let's go! We have to keep moving," Pattie said. "Celena is the only one who can send us back so we can go to the exact point before all this darkness happened."

"There they are, sir!" yelled a voice.

"Go after them!" commanded another voice. "We can't let them catch up to Celena!"

"RUN!" Forrest shouted. He and Pattie quickly ran off.

"MY APPLE!"

Pattie lurched awake. She looked around the room. Both Blazie and Elyon were still asleep. But the only difference was that Blazie was now talking in her sleep.

"Must go...after apple!" she mumbled. She made an angry face. "STAY AWAY FROM MY APPLE!!"

Pattie got up from her bed and looked out the window. The stars were starting to fade, the moon was low, and the sky had turned a beautiful light purple. Pattie went back over to her bed.

She tried to recall her dream. The only thing Pattie could remember was that she was with somebody she knew, and they were trying to reach someone named Celena.

"Thanks for my apple," murmured Blazie. "I'll help you find... the treasure...you're searching for now."

Pattie turned to her side and closed her eyes. 'Who's Forrest?' she wondered to herself. 'How do I know him? Was this dream just a dream...or was it a memory from my past?'' Pattie's eyes drooped, and she fell asleep once again, this time to Blazie's happy cries of victory.