Chapter 23: At Court

Start from the beginning

She went on about not being afraid to say the truth at trials. And how happy she was that I ate today.

The only reason why I ate today is because at the fact that I would see B.A.P. today. I just felt hungry again, I guess my inner Daehyun finally came to me again.

I had put on plenty of makeup and foundation products that covered up the eye bags from not sleeping. I can't really hide the cheekbones of not eating but I did my best.

We arrived at the court and I got off the car. There was a small breeze that blew my hair. My mom got off and had some files in her hands, and she even said there was a lawyer coming on 'our side.'

"We'll win this, Abby, it's a given. They all broke the law and they're going to pay for it. Even your grandfather to have done such things."

I walked behind her as we went into the building. Some security led us to the court room. There were quite a few people. Perhaps the case is just really that serious.

I nervously sat down on the side I was told to sit at. Many more people came and sat behind. The court room held the United States flags and the judge was not there yet.

My mom sat beside me as I sat and waited to see the B.A.P. members. I felt my heart jump in joy when I saw them walk into the room one by one. But what made it sink was the fact that they were in handcuffs, and they each had a security next to them.

I was about to get up to hug them, I just missed them that much. But my mom held me down.

"What are you doing?" She whisper-yelled at me.

"Himchan!" I held out my arm towards them.

Himchan had his head down, facing the floor. So did the others.

He shut his eyes tight when I called out his name.

"They're not allowed to look at you," my mom told me.

"A-are you serious?" I whined, tears coming to my eyes to see them sit down together on the other side, still looking down.

"Abby, are you serious? I know it's not drugs, the doctor said you had no signs of drugs in your body. I thought it was that you were being threatened but what the heck happened while you were gone?" Mom asked with a confused expression.

"I told you, they were nice to me. Mom, they're not criminals," I whispered to her.

She sighed. "How can I believe you .. I-it's unbelievable."

I sighed and turned away. In a way, I understand her. I would've thought I was insane too.

We saw the judge walk in and he slammed the gavel against the table a few times like they do on television.

The court was silenced and there were many security, businessmen, and news reporters.

Tears filled my eyes when the case was being told. They all had it wrong. They aren't criminals. They didn't do anything.

Their lawyer stood up. "I object to their arrest. The girl is right here present in good conditions, she was not harmed."

"Is that so, Ms.Garcia Choi?" The judge turned to me with an eyebrow raised.

I hesitated to speak but I nodded in the end. "Yes sir."

"Please give us your opinion, miss."

My heart pounded as I stood up and I was not sure what to say. They still looked down at the floor, but my mother was looking at me with those eyes. Those eyes that expect me to say otherwise, to say they're guilty.