Chapter 23: At Court

Abby POV

"Seriously, eat something!" My older stepbrother Alex yelled as he forced the fork into my mouth.

I didn't open it or shut it even tighter, I just sat there in front of him in the kitchen table.

It was actually one of my first times coming out of my room in a week. I had a bathroom in my room and my mom just couldn't find a way to make me go to school. She thinks I've gone crazy anyways.

I haven't eaten either. Hunger just doesn't come to me, neither does sleep. And even when I do, I have nightmares.

That I will never see them again.

Wait, that's not a nightmare, it's also perhaps reality. I've had no news from them seeing me again, except for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the trials they'll be having, and of course I'll have to be there. They'll ask me what happened, whether they're guilty or not, or what kind of things they did to me.

My mom keeps telling me,'Don't be afraid to say the truth, they won't hurt you.' Of course they won't, and of course I'll say the truth.

The judge better believe my word. And grandpa better be the one taking blame so the six can be free.

I closed my eyes and more tears streamed down my face. My eyes sting from crying nonstop. Sitting on my bed and thinking about all of them, the memories.

The adorable dorks that I lived with for what seemed like an infinite amount of months of adventure, things and experiences I've never had before.

I got to know what it's like to work hard, working at the bakery. I learned how to smile constantly, for Jongup's smile is so contagious.

I also learned how to ride a skateboard, and to this day I still thank Zelo to have such patience for me.

I learned many morals from Yongguk Oppa. I also had a harsh lecture of littering after Daehyun had accidentally left an empty soda can in the backyard.

I learned how to cook from Daehyun. I learned many random knowledge from Youngjae, and from Himchan,

I learned how to love.

"Ugh, sis, you've lost it," Alex said in a low voice and in almost a mumble, putting away the bowl of rice I didn't eat from.

I was about to go back upstairs until my mom came into the house.

"Abigail! Have you eaten?"

"She refused to eat anything, mom!" Alex yelled from the kitchen.

"Abigail. Come here," My mother said sternly.

I stopped halfway up the stairs and hesitated to go to her. I did anyways as I slowly walked up to her.

"Tomorrow morning, trials will take place. Wake up at 7:30AM, okay? And please Abby, don't be afraid to tell people the truth, they're not going to hurt you," She grabbed both my hands as tears fell down my cheeks.

"They didn't hurt me. For the last time," I whined. I was too weak to actually yell it out loud. To tell her that I actually love the ones that kidnapped me.

My mom simply shook her head while looking at me in sorrow, thinking I must've been badly treated to where I 'refuse to tell the truth.'

~~

"Abby, are you listening?" My mom asked while we were in the car.

"Yeah," I managed to whisper, looking out the window. I missed this city a bit, and I hadn't been outside in a week do everything looked so , wow to me.