Chapter 17

Shawn was tugging at his hair as he waited for Sofia. The door bell rang Shawn jumped up from the couch to open the door for Sofia.

    "Hey Shawn" Sofia said with a sympathetic smile.

    "Hey Sofia. Just to be clear this is not how I panned on meeting you" Shawn chuckled as Sofia pulled him in for a side hug.

    Sofia sat on the couch as Shawn grabbed a two cups of water.

    "So... do you know what in the world is going on with Camila?" Shawn asked taking a sip of his water.

    "Well I suppose I have to tell you since she hasn't told you yet and me knowing my stubborn sister she needs someone right now." Sofia as she sat up straight contemplating on how to tell Shawn. Shawn's leg was bouncing up and down and he was a ball of nerves.

    "Has Camila ever told you about someone named Diego?" Sofia asked. Shawn school his head no, Sofia sighed shaking her head she launched into the story.

    "Growing up it wasn't just me and Camila as I assume she told you. When out parents were trying to have kids they were having some problems soe they opted to do it in the laboratory. Due to the year and technology my parentes ended up having twins instead of one. Camila and Diego. Camila was born 2 minute before Diego. Obviously growing up they were inseparable they used to do everything together and when they weren't together they talked or texted almost all the time.
In high school Camila met this guy named Mateo, they were on again off again all the way through high school, that was until they both got into the same college and decided to move in together and take things more seriously between them.
On their last year of college Mateo popped the question, Camila said yes and they started planning. A month later Camila found out she was pregnant, now off course they weren't too thrilled but they decided to keep the baby. Things were going super well and at 8 months pregnant Diego flew from NY to San Francisco to see Camila and help them prepare for birth as he wanted to be there. One night they were driving home from a restaurant when all of the sudden they were hit by another car. Diego died instantly, Mateo was in bad shape as he used his body as a shield to protect Camila." Sofia took a deep breath trying not to cry. Shawn sat there listening and trying to comprehend. "Mateo died a couple of days later in the hospital. Camila was in a coma and ended up missing both their funerals. When she woke up not only did she have to comprehend our brother was dead but so was her fiancé and her unborn baby who had died on the impact." Sofia was full on trying now, Shawn stood up and grabbed some tissues for her.

    Shawn sat back down with wide eyes as he thought of all the times Camila was about to say someone else's name when telling a story of her childhood, how she didn't like talking about college and other things he had missed but where all making sense now.

    "Camila had a twin? That died along with her fiancé and her unborn baby?" Shawn said as he was trying to make sense of everything.

    "If you're wondering why she didn't tell you anything let me tell this is not your fault. After the accident Camila entered in a deep depression where we had to feed her or else she didn't eat, so this subject is still a little sore for her."

    "Wow... I mean I understand sore subjects like I got my best friend pregnant because of a drunk mistake, she died at childbirth leaving me with a child to take care of, so I know sore subject, but how did I not suspect anything?" Shawn asked himself in a low voice.

    "Shawn don't blame yourself Camila is stubborn and a hell of a good actress. But all of this doesn't matter right now. Tomorrow is the anniversary of Diego and the baby's death and then 2 day later the anniversary of Mateo's death. This is too much for her to handle and... I can't go because she needs someone strong. Hell I've been crying for 3 days now. She needs you." Sofia said placing her hand on Shawn's knee.

    Shawn nodded after drinking the rest of his water. Taking out his phone he texted Taylor and said she needed to babysit Isabela for the week as Camila was in Miami visiting her parents and he needed to go to an emergency travel. Taylor agreed. Shawn booked his ticket right away and looked at the clock.

    "Fuck. I need to pick up Isabela in ten" Shawn told Sofia.

    "It's fine I need to get back to my apartment go pick up your daughter." They made their way outside and as Shawn was about to enter her car Sofia approached him.

    "I'll text you the hotel she always stays and the address of the accident." Shawn nodded extending his arms to bring her in for a hug. "And Shawn"

    "Hum?" Shawn pulled away from the hug.

    "Take care of our girl"

    "Always" Shawn gave her a smile before getting in and driving to the school to pick up Isabela.

    Shawn told Isabela the same lie he had told Taylor, packing up a bag for her and one for him, he took Isabela to Taylor's house as he flight would leave at 6am.

    Shawn went back to his apartment, sitting on the sofa he sighed and thought about how awful is must be to loose 3 people you love in a spam of 3 day.

Author's note

Did any of you guess? Comment if you did

Anyway the cat is out of the bag, now how will Camila react to Shawn going to San Francisco? Will she be mad? Let's hope not.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

xoxo Love Ana xoxo