013 | holding hands

HOLDING HANDS

the rest of charlie and timothée's afternoon together mostly consisted of talking, bingeing and eating. nothing special really. things did get a little tense after what charlie told timothée.

there was a moment though, where they felt like something was going to happen, but both of them were too nervous to initiate it.

by now, it was already five o'clock and the two were almost out of things to say. well, actually, they weren't, but some things are better to be left unspoken. for now. it's not like charlie and timothée didn't want to say certain things, but maybe it wasn't the right moment to make a 'big romantic gesture'.

at the moment, charlotte and timothée we're sitting on the couch, nothing to do or say.

"i have an idea." timothée said all of the sudden, making charlie startle, and sat up. "we should do," a little smirk appeared on his face which immediately let charlie know what he was up to, "just dance." they said in unison and quickly stood up.

a few hours of just dance, two bags of popcorn, 5 soda's and 4 bathroom breaks later, it was finally 7:45, meaning it was time to get ready for diner.

charlie quickly went to the bathroom to get ready while timothée was sitting on the sofa, waiting on her. after a few minutes, charlie came out of the bathroom with a small spaghetti strap dress with a button up top over it.

"how do i look?" charlie asked timothée and dramatically posed for a second. with his mouth open and his eyes wide he replied. "you look... beautiful."

charlie's cheeks started to warm up as a big smile grew on her face. god, i love that guy she thought to herself. if only she had a way to confess to him.

still looking astonished, timothée stood up and walked over to charlie, taking her hand and walking to the door. god, i love that girl. he told himself as he stared at her with amazement. if only there was a way he could tell her.

the two walked up to the car and got in. charlie turned her head to timothée and smiled at him. she took his hand in hers again as the car drove off.

the car ride was pretty silent at first, but when charlie put the radio on, the two started singing along to the song just like old times.

finally arriving to the restaurant, timothée let go of charlie's hand for a second for them to get out of the car. as they walked to the entrance, he put his arm around her and received a smile.

inside, they saw mckinley, alex, jackson and ashley sitting in the booth where they used to sit. it brought back and old memory in both charlie and timothée. a happy memory.

hopefully tonight would be a happy memory as well.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
hey guys! go check out my new book 'shenanigans' if you want to. xx mads

 xx mads