014 | lies

LIES

after a night of eating, talking and getting tipsy, the group of friends finally paid and went outside.

timothée and charlie were chatting for a bit until they noticed the rest of the friend group had left. both of them looked at each other, confused, but shrugged it of.

"you wanna talk for a bit?" charlie asked and held her hand out for him to hold it. "of course. let's walk to the beach." he answered and took a hold of her hand, never wanting to let go. she looked truly beautiful, as did he.

the two finally got to the beach and sat down on the soft sand. they looked at each other and smiled. it was a peaceful moment, but ended when timothée's facial expression dropped. charlie saw him looking a bit sad and decided to ask what was wrong.

"tim, what's wrong?" she looked at him and held his hand with both of her's. "you know you can tell me, i won't be angry."

timothée rubbed his forehead with disappointment. "but that's the thing. you will be after i tell you this." he rubbed his eyes and briefly looked the other way.

charlie was scared that he was going to tell her something that would ruin them forever.

"i did something horrible. i lied to you." he looked back at her, his eyes tearing up a bit.

"i'm so, so, so sorry." his voice now cracked a bit as well.

"i lied about cheating on you. i never did." seeing him rest his face in his hand, charlie looked at him even more confused.

"that night when you confronted me about kissing that girl, i didn't know what to say, because it wasn't what it seemed." he took a few breaths before continuing. "that kiss, it was actually for the movie i'm filming."

he was so disappointed in himself for holding the truth from her for such a long time.

"but tim, you could've told me. i don't understand why you didn't just tell me. i would've never been mad at you and we would've never broken up." charlie cupped timothée's cheek and looked at him.

"but that's the thing. i think some stupid part of me wanted a reason for you to break up with me. i'm so sorry. i didn't have the guts to do so, so letting you break up with me would be easier for the both of us." tears were streaming down his face as he spoke and he wouldn't dare look at her, because he was so ashamed.

"but why?" her heart dropped after the words he said. was she not good enough? did he not love her?
"do you not love me?" her eyes had turned red from stopping herself from crying.

"no, i do. trust me i do. i love you so much char, but that's exactly the reason why i said what i said." he held both of her hands as they were both crying their eyes out.

"i didn't deserve you. i hurt you way too many times and i realized it was time for you to find someone better. but then recently i regret doing everything i did, because my life is nothing without you, char. i really hope you don't hate me right now."

"hate you? how could i hate you? i love you too much, tim. i always have. and i think i understand why you did what you did."

"is it okay if we don't jump into anything too fast right now? i think it's for the best if we take some time for ourselves to figure out what we want, because i can't bare to lose you again. if only being friends is what we'll ever be, then i'm okay with that."

she nodded and softly smiles at what he had to say. she was glad he still wanted to be in her life. even if they wouldn't be together, she wanted him to be around her. she loved him and he loved her.

"friends?" she smiled and put her hand out for him to shake it. he took her hand and shook it.

"friends." he smiled back and let go of her hand.

-

02:06 am. finally after hours of talking as friends, timothée brought charlie home and helped her make her way to the front door.

she stopped at the door and turned around to timothée, now standing eye to eye with him. he smiled and she mirrored him while putting her hands on his cheeks.

"one more for the road?" she asked and stood a little closer to him, to which he nodded. both of them leaned in for a sweet and short, but passionate kiss.

their last kiss. at least for now.

-

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
hey guys, i haven't updated in a while, but im kinda back. hoped you guys liked this chapter. i'll probably be rewriting a few chapter, given that i wrote them last year with my lack of vocabulary lmao.

xx mads