Without you

"You grew up fast" Yoongi smiled at that. The fact that Hoseok's mother never fails to make him smile even now, makes him love her more.
He lets her sit on the lavender coloured sofa, and smiles at her.

Yoongi was about to close the door shut, had he not spared a look at the garden around the house. Kneeling down a bit, he tried to look at the boy. Is that Hobi?  Yoongi wasn't sure. After all these years of him growing up with listening to things like "he'll be back soon, as promised" he couldn't really believe it this time.

"Um.. Mom told you to get in"

That deep voice, for sure sent chills down his spine. Hoseok looked at the other, and taking a note of the proximity, he backed up with his cheeks turned into a pretty shade of crimson red.

"O.. Okay"

That voice, it was so gentle and soft. It was like one of those cotton candies, one that melted into your mouth with the very first bite. His eyes, they had the same sparkle as the kind Yoongi had always seen. His hair was a bit messy, but he looked really good in that. Yes, maybe that outfit was a big large on him, but it was cute. And Hoseok only reached up to his collarbones, that part made Yoongi chuckle. And, the hands, it was..

"Move!" Yoongi finally gained composure. Without saying anything, he moved in. Hoseok followed him too.

Seated on the sofa, Hoseok kept looking down at the ground, fidgeting with his fingers. "Don't worry" His mother assures him. "He didn't forget you, you can talk to him" she smiles.

Looking at Yoongi, Hoseok noticed that the other was already looking at him, with a sharp gaze, one in which he felt small. Taking a look at their mothers taking, like the old days, he finally mustered up courage to say what he wanted to. "So... H-how have you b-been?" he said, hoping for an answer.

"Good. I'm good without you" Yoongi said, and Hoseok went silent, he did not try to exchange any more words. He felt bad about the answer. Without you, that voice kept reminding him that Yoongi might have moved on, and he might have made better friends.

While Yoongi, felt guilty. He was surprised how smoothly those words came out, and he was surprised that it was him who might possibly have hurt the younger. He just wanted to tell him that he doesn't miss him anymore, but it happened to be wrong choice of words.

I didn't want to hurt you like this, he thought.

"Don't get him wrong please" Yoongi mother said to Hoseok "He is like this at times, but he likes you" she smiles.

"O.. Okay" Hoseok seemed quieter than usual.

"Also, why don't you show him the house, you room?" Haewon continued. "Please do that, Gummy"

There was no way Yoongi could have denied his mother, especially when she calls him with that nickname. He actually kind of grew up to like it, but always talked about the opposite.

Min Yoongi looked at Hoseok, and those sparkling eyes of his looked great, Yoongi thought.

"He takes some time to come out of his shell" Mrs. Jung informed them.

"No problem. Yoongi, show him around" Mrs. Min said.

"Come" Hoseok stood up.

____________________________________