48 - wolf

LUNA

“Thanks Luna, for getting us out.” Erica says kindly as we turn back up to the school to get Stiles’ Jeep. “I’ll see you around.”

“Need us to drive you anywhere?” I offer.

“We’ll be fine Luna, thank you.” Boyd tells me as the two run off into the woods, disappearing into the darkness. 

“Luna how did you find me?” Stiles wonders as we lean against the side of the Jeep. 

“I’m a witch Stiles, all it took was a simple spell. Can I drop you home? You’re dad’s worried.” 

“You’re not driving my Jeep.”

“Yes I am, You could have a head injury after you let an old man beat you, you could’ve taken him.”

“Take me home Lu.” He rolls his eyes getting in the passenger seat. “Be careful though, you break it you pay for it.”

“What do you take me for Stilinski?” Pressing down on the gas pedal, I zoom away causing Stiles to yell, probably for the rest of the ride. 

--------------

After dropping Stiles home, I message Scott, off of Stiles’ phone, to ask Derek to grab my duffle bag from my locker and take it with him as I won’t exactly be running back. Shifting into my wolf form, I hurry along to the Hale house where they all hopefully should be. Letting myself pass through the door, I watch Peter finding something under the stairs. Snarling, I grab their attention.

“Lu? Do you maybe want to shift back?” Derek suggests, as I shake my head. My fur brushed against Isaac as I looked up at him, letting my hybrid eyes flare up, smiling down at me, Isaac pets the top of my head, letting my fur go through his fingers. I haven’t had much time with Isaac but that will change soon. 

“Leave her Derek, she always liked being a wolf more than staying in her human form.” Peter comments sending me a smirk.

I’ve missed being a wolf, it’s so much warmer and freeing, I feel even more invincible like this, I can hide out without anyone knowing where I am. People see me as a wolf and seem to forget the girl beneath, the heartless killer, and some don’t expect it when I leap out and attack. 

Scott and Isaac leave after receiving a call from Mrs. McCall who said something was wrong with Jackson and that he needs to see it for himself. Sounds profoundly terrifying but Gerard wanted him that way. 

“They say he’s in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws.” 

“That sounds sufficiently terrifying.” Leaning up on my front paws I see my dad finding something on his laptop as an image pops up of the kanima in a bigger and worser form than before. The picture showed a kanima with a tail. As Derek asks Scott to bring Jackson here, I spot an animation of the kanima on the laptop and nudge my dad so he can have a look. 

“Good find Luna. Derek, look somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it’s less frightening if we -” the screech sounding from the laptop makes me growl and get back onto the floor. “Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway.”

Running to the meeting place, I turn back as soon as we get there and stay behind with Peter, a jacket wrapped tightly around me as I will be shifting back very soon. Derek dashes towards Chris Argent, Scott and Isaac, dramatising his entrance. 

“Someone certainly likes making an entrance.” Peter remarks.

“It’s a family thing dad, we all like making an entrance. Watch me.” Shifting back, I get to the group and Chris Argent pulls a gun out at me, a growl travelling past my mouth. 

“That’s just Luna.” Scott clarifies to Argent giving the man the go ahead to lower his weapon. 

“What can’t this kid do?” he mutters, shaking his head. 

----------------

Derek being the overprotective cousin he is, makes me wait outside, away from the action. Still a wolf, I wait beside my dad, watching the fighting go down, Gerard being given the bite, then his blood turning black from some mountain ash pills Scott had swapped for. Even when Gerard told the kanima to kill all of them Peter gave me a look that told me not to go, even when Stiles and Lydia showed up he made me stay out of it. I’m a wolf not a dog, I really wish they stopped giving me orders. 

Scott screams ‘wait’ as Peter, Derek and I all charge for Jackson. The two older men impaling him with claws and myself biting the side of his ribs. My paws tap against the floor as I go beside Isaac. Turning myself back into my normal form I reach to the floor for the bag Isaac dropped during the fight digging through it to get my clothes. 

Catching Isaac looking and a nervous blush on his face I scowl while putting on my underwear then clothes. “Whatcha looking at Lahey?” I smirk with my eyebrow raised before lightly punching his shoulder.

“Nothing...nothing at all Lu.” he flings his arm around my shoulder as I lean into his warmth, my body becoming instantly cold from just shifting back. 

As I cuddle into Isaac, Jackson burst back up off the floor, after everyone had just seen him die, a howl coming from his lips and glowing blue eyes too. 

“Can we go get food now?” I holler and shrug, dragging Isaac out of the building. Be nice to talk to my best friend as it’s been too long. 

------------------------

UNEDITED