Chapter 3 Part 1 - The Losing King in Granlu

Mira looked out the window of the carriage as Mikhalo (who sat across from Mira), Anastasia Popov (who sat next to Mira), and Aragami Vigil (who sat next to Mikahlo) talked to each other. Mira was a bit bothered by their chatter, but she didn't want them to feel threatened.

  "So, how did Mira meet you?" asked Mikahalo.

  "I was in a fight with some people," said Aragami. "I was just protecting my cousin."

  "That's when I came in *Mikhalo and Aragmi looked at her*. I saw Mira help fight them and so I wanted to help too," said Anastasia.

  "There were a lot of them," said Aragami.

  "Even some Yakamoshi guards were there," said Anastasia.

  "So, we're all from Carnfrey Village," said Mikhalo.

  "It's a pretty big village," said Aragami.

  "Though, we don't know why the Yakamoshi guards are there," said Anastasia.

  Mira looked at them and said, "They're looking for me."

  They all turned to her with curious eyes.

  "Yakamoshi Guards are my father's guards. King Yakamoshi. It's a long story of why he's not the king of Meldelian anymore," Mira told them.

  "Meldelian... So it's still here," said Anastasia.

  "Yeah, it is. Mira here is the next heir to the Home of Meldelian," said Mikhalo.

  "Really? I've been trying to find that place," said Anastasia. "All people told me was that it had vanished. If you're the next heir, then who lied about the place?"

  "I don't know who it may be, but I'm not willing to let that thought get to my mind," said Mira. Mira looked out the window again. "We're here. Granlu."

  "Welcome to Granlu Kingdom," read Mikhalo, Aragami, and Anastasia.

  "Where are we going?" asked Anastasia.

  "Some of the guards of Meldelian had come here to prepare my arrival," said Mira.

  "So, you're guards are here too? What if the Yakamoshi guards are here?" asked Mikhalo as he was a little nervous to be in Granlu Kingdom.

  "The Meldelian Guards are way more advanced than what my father has," replied Mira.

  "Really? So, what are your guards doing in Granlu?" asked Aragami.

  "They're here to protect us. They are wandering the Kingdom in secret," said Mira. "They're better than what my father has. They are my guards."

  The carriage stopped at the second entrance to the Granlu Kingdom. The Granlu Guards walked up to the carriage and saw Mira was there. They let the carriage go as they have trust in Mira.

  The carriage took them to a hotel where they stayed for the day. They all got out of the carriage and walked into the hotel. The whole hotel shined as Granlu people walked the halls.

  "This place is better than what we have," said Mikhalo.

  "Granlu is a kingdom after all. They are probably richer than us," said Anastasia.

  "What are we doing here?" asked Aragami.

  "I'll tell you that later when we get a room," said Mira.

  Mira walked up to the front desk as the others looked around the place.

  "Hello there! Welcome to Granlu's Grande Hotel. How may I help you?" asked the lady.

  "May I get a room under the name Mira Mellian?" asked Mira.

  "Sure thing," said the lady. "It looks like you already have a room here. With 3 others right?"

  Steps ahead of me now, thought Mira, what smart guards you are.

  "Your room number is 408 and 409. You can pick which room you will be in yourselves. If you need any help, just call us. The number is next to the hotel phone."

  "Thanks... Have a nice day," sai Mira with a gentle smile on her face.

  Mira walked over to the others and told them the rooms. They took the elevator and walked to their rooms. Mira and Anastasia took room 408 as Mikhalo and Aragami took room 409. They put their things down and met in room 408.

  "So, what are we going to do?" asked Mikhalo.

  "Why are we even here?" asked Aragami.

  Mira looked at them both and said, "I had a carriage come here before, and we have Loelie wandering the streets in disguise. Apparently, something happened to the king."

  "What happened to him?" asked Anastasia.

  "From what I heard, the king was kind and generous. He helped many people," Mira told them. Mira looked out the window and said, "Now... He uses his people for money. He takes whatever he wants. *Mira looked at them* He doesn't like losing."

  "So, what are we going to do?" asked Anastasia.

  "Why is life like this?" said Aragami.

  "There's a ball coming up this week," said Mira. "We are going to be in disguise, so the Yakamoshi guards don't catch us. I'll give you all a position. Once I get into the second floor (Where the king is, thought Mira.), I'll give you all a signal to get into position."

  Mira looked out the window and thought, it has to be perfect. Nobody can take him down than us... Why father?.. Why?..

  They got out of the carriage, and walked up the stairs into the castle. They scanned the place, and made sure that the Yakamoshi guards weren't around them.

  Aragami and Mikhalo walked over to the table full of food as Anastasia walked over to the table of drinks. As for Mira, she walked over to the dance floor.

  They continued to blend in for an hour or so.

  Then, Mira walked over to the stairwell. The Granlu guards blocked her until she told them her full name. Mira walked up the stairs and to a room she believed the King was in.

  When Mira walked up the stairs, she waved her right hand. Aragami and Mikhalo threw food on all sides of the room. Anastasia pushed the table of drinks, and ran to the ladder, where she would climb up to the ceiling. Anastasia saw who she thought was Loelie. Loelie looked at her and nodded to confirm it was her.

  Now, they just have to wait for the real signal.

  Mira knocked on the door. King Granlu talked very loudly. Mira walked in and the King was very excited to see her.

  "So~, you finally came to a ball... Princess Miranko," said King Granlu.

  "I'm not as busy as I was, King Granlu. Even if I was busy, I wouldn't want to miss this one," said Mira.

  "So, what do you need from me?~" asked King Granlu.

  " Agreement... If you lose a game to me, you will hand me over your kingdom. If you win, I'll hand you over my kingdom. Take it... or lose it," said Mira.

  "You know how much I hate losing," said King Granlu.

  Mira and King Granlu played a game of chess.

  On the other hand, Aragami and Mikhalo climbed the ladder up to the ceiling.

  "That was really discussing," said Aaragami.

  "If it's for a job, I'm all for some fun," said Mikhalo.

  Loelie passed them some bows and arrows and said, "Shut up already. We don't want to get caught up here."

  Time for some more fun, thought all of them.