15/Sleepover.

15/Sleepover.

(Part 1)

It was the day for the sleepover finally. I could barely go through my classes without imagining how it would be like. I wasn't concentrating in the lessons and It almost got me into detention.

We were having the last class for the day. during the last period before closing I arranged my things in my bag in anticipation for closing time. The class was a bit noisy but I was eager to go home. I looked at my wrist watch for closing time it was all I kept doing until the bell rang. The bell rang at 3:00 because It's Friday.

Afterwards I dashed out of the class. The school compound was filled with students must of them heading for the gate. I moved occasionally forcing my way through in the crowd. I walk towards Trent who's talking to some Jocks from our school Football Team. I peck him unexpectedly. I see the way he looked at me with shock clouding his features. I leave him still in shock and run home not minding the distance. I run and occasionally stop to catch my breath. I was sweating and panting.

Getting home I stop at the door panting or a while from the run. Opening the door, I notice mom had taken the siblings out, and dad had travelled therefore the house was mine. I step into the kitchen for some water and I notice a note on the dining table it must be from mom. I walk to the dining table. Opening the note, I read it carefully. it reads:

Here are some dollars for you to use for the sleepover. We'll be back tomorrow.

Have fun Xoxoxo

Mom

I fist bump the air in excitement and run into my room. I look around my lovely room and throw my back pack on my bed. I open my wardrobe in search for clothes that I would wear after my bath. I finally settle for a sweatshirt and a pair of cuts. I enter the bathroom, take off my clothes and I turn on my music player and start to play 'Ain't your mama' by Jenifer Lopez on repeat and then I pour out some bath gels in the tub and I step in not bothering to turn on the heater, the waters chilly a bit but not something I can't handle.

I quickly scrub myself and do all the necessaries before I step out. I use my towel to wrap my body I dry my body, then I pick another for my hair. I use another towel to wrap my long virgin hair. I step into the bathroom closet and take some lotion and deodorant then I apply and put on my clothes. I run my fingers through my hair I pack it in a pony tail making me look a bit presentable then I step out. I arrange my things where they belong, and bring out our sleeping bags from my wardrobe and lay them on the floor.

I walk to the kitchen to get water because I'm thirsty. Just then I remember my phone, I walk back to my room to get it. I take it from my bag and I see 2 missed calls from Trent, 1 from Isa and 2 from some of my friends.

Instead of calling I decide to drop a note in our WhatsApp group. I open my WhatsApp and scroll to our group chat on WhatsApp and type quickly:

'Really busy preparing, want to help meet me at the Mall on Allen Avenue and please bring a grocery bag and a bike.'

I send it, lock my phone and keep it carefully on my bed. I grab my school bag and empty the contents on the table and take my little wallet from the front bag zip and then I put my phone, wallet and a grocery bag in it then I grab mom's money and stuff it in my pockets while putting on my sandals and I head downstairs. Outside I pick my bike and put on my helmet which are both black and I wheel it to the gate and afterwards lock it up. I hop on and begin my ride.