Chapter 6: An Agreement

Start from the beginning

"Lyssa," Bex whimpered.

With great restraint, Lyssa pulled herself back. Bex watched as a trail of blood leaked out of the corner of Lyssa's mouth and down her chin. Lyssa's red eyes watched as Bex struggled to remain conscious.

"Don't kill me..." Bex said before she faded away into unconsciousness.

"Rebecca," Lyssa sighed. "What am I going to do with you."

She scooped Rebecca into her arms and carried her through the house to her room. She gently placed Bex down on the king-sized bed, fluffing her pillow and covering her up with a blanket. When that was finished, Lyssa went to her dresser and grabbed a different necklace. One similar to her red crystal one, but instead was blue and much smaller.

Wearing her ripped up and bloodied shirt, Lyssa went back to the basement and cleaned up the mess that was made. Closing her secret room once she was done. The ringing of Bex's phone drew her attention and she picked it up off the floor.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hello? Who's this?" Bex's father demanded.

"My name is Lyssa. I am an acquaintance of Rebecca's. Rebecca cannot come to the phone right now. She is indisposed. She fell asleep in bed after helping me with strenuous activities. I will be sure to have her call you when she wakes up. Adieu," Lyssa hung up.

Rebecca's dad stared at the phone with wide bulging eyes.

"What? What is it?" Bex's mom asked.

"I think I just talked to our daughter's girlfriend. And by the sound of things... I think they just had sex."

Bex's mom did a spit take and set her water down.

"Our daughter is a lesbian," he plopped down at the kitchen table, trying to process this new information.

"Just play it cool. Her girlfriend probably thought we already knew. We will just gently approach the topic when she comes home. Maybe get her siblings to ask her first. I don't want her to feel like we are intruding in her personal life."

"How did we not see this?"

Bex's mom sat next to him to comfort him. He was protective of all his kids but especially his daughters. He was the type of dad that prided himself in having a close relationship with his daughters. So not knowing one of his daughters was a lesbian was the shock of the century.

Bex's mom just eyed the phone in concern. She supposed Bex was at that age where she was going to start dating. She just wasn't sure if she was ready for that yet. Well, ready or not, it seems like Rebecca had a few secrets to tell. Including the details of a secret girlfriend.

Lyssa set Bex's phone next to her body eyed Rebecca as she slept. She knew Rebecca was going to need something to eat to replenish her strength but being as Lyssa was a vampire her kitchen wasn't exactly stocked with food.

So, she ordered takeout.

After that, Lyssa grabbed fresh clothes and went for a shower. Wanting to wash off all the blood and gunk on her body.

Bex woke up to the sound of loud knocking.

"Lyssa?" She sat up.

She glanced around the unfamiliar room and jolted when the knocking came again. She glanced around for Lyssa once more before pulling herself out of bed. She stumbled around a bit after getting light-headed and dizzy. After collecting herself she followed the sound of the knocking downstairs to the front door.

She opened it.

"Uh, delivery for Lyssa Norwood?" The guy said.

"Um, yeah..." Bex once again looked around for Lyssa.