Hidden Worries

Your POV:

Thankfully you had managed to calm down yet another group of grumpy mortals, now the planning was in session and you had made progress, and for that you were satisfied.

Now what occupied your mind was your very uneasy feeling husband walking besides you. When Loki was mad, which was more often than not, sometimes at you sometimes at the rest of the world, it was something that you could just feel around you, like a presence emanating from him, even before the bond you could sense it.

You knew what was wrong, he didn't like that you opened up a bit too much with the Avengers, but if these people didn't trust you, then your lives were at risk, what Loki didn't want was to seem vulnerable, but what he never understands is that you can be vulnerable and still slice a sword through someone's throat if you wanted to.

As soon as you both walked through the door, there were two ways this thing could go. Sex or arguing.

-Have you lost all sense of respect?- he shot.

Arguing it is.

-Excuse me?-

-Have you no respect for me? For our privacy? Or did you feel that if they felt sorry for you maybe they wouldn't put us in a cell?-

His tone was accusing and snarling, his fists were balled up at his sides and his eyes were angry, your eyes in return were baffled, but grew in anger with every one of his words.

-I felt that they needed to trust us in order for this to actually work. On the contrary of what you like to think, we can't do this alone, we need help, we need to be an army, a team, we can't go into a battlefield were one of the sides is simultaneously against each other!- you gestured with your arm.

-Always you and your bloody trust. Help isn't trust, we need their strength to fight, but they can't keep us alive if the situation arose to it!-

-Loki not one of us can protect the other against Thanos, not if we're caught up in conflict.-

His jaw clenched tightly, his breaths hisses coming out his nose.

-You think i can't protect you?-

-No that is not what i said.- you tilted your head.

You saw his eyes get darker, his knuckles white with pressure, his eyes were on you, but he wasn't looking at you, his vision unfocused. You hadn't seen this Loki in a while.

-I can protect you.-

You softened your tone.
-I know...-

He seemed to be coming back, his gaze back on you, his lips still a thin line.

-You'll be in the back outpost. Attacking from the distance.-

-What?- you said, confused.

-Your attacks are good from a distance, and you'll be safer there, if he doesn't see you he'll just focus on me, he won't know you're there.-

-Loki that is miles away from where you'll be- you squinted, not understanding his logic.

The soul bond would just weaken them at such distance, it would backfire on them, and they wouldn't be there to cover each other's backs.

-Exactly. You won't be in the fight. You'll be protected, your magic will be stronger...-

-Loki you're not making this decision for me.-

-YES I AM.- he snapped- We need strength! We need our forces to be clean and impenetrable!-

-No! We need to be together! The bond...-