Chapter 10

Sarah' p.o.v.

I didn't have any tests anymore as agent Hill informed me. So I started to do the paperwork. These were just mission reports and some other forms I had to fill. I took the last folder and a small smile appeared on my lips. It was Steve's latest mission report. I carefully read it and did what needed.

As I was finnished, I stretched in the chair. But I flinched as I felt sharp pain in ribs.
"That's not good," I thought.

"You're done?" suddenly agent Hill was next to me.

"Yes," I handed her the folders.

"Follow me," she said and I stood up.

She lead me through many corridors and we went down the stairs. We were on level 23. Here were people mainly in white lab coats.

"Wow," I whispered as I saw all the technologies.

Agent Hill lead me further and stopped by one room.

"I will send someone to pick you up and lead back," she said and left.

"Agent Johnson, come in," woman's voice behind me made me jump a little.
"So I'm an Agent now. Cool!"

I went in. Floor, ceiling and walls were white but inventory was grey.

"Lay down here, please," she pointed to something like surgery table.

I did as she said. The doctor took some kind of tablet and placed right on top of my ribs which were hurting.

"You're lucky - ribs aren't broken, but they are cracked. No trainings for two weeks and be careful. Does breathing hurts?" she said.

"Not anymore," I answered.

"Can you pull up your shirt, please?"

I did how she asked. Doctor lightly touched the bruise, which had already started to turn purple, and I flinched.

"Okay. Be careful and no missions and trainings for two weeks," she said and wrote some notes on her tablet.

"Okay, thanks," I said and sat up.

There was a knock to the door.

"Yes," doctor responded.

Doors opened and Steve appeared. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Oh, hello Mr. Rogers," doctor lightly blushed.

I think many female S.H.I.E.L.D. agents have a crush on him. And I will be honest - I'm one of them.

"Okay, bye," I got off the table and went towards doors.

I had reached Steve and was about to go out, when he grabbed my forearm. I felt like I got with electricity.

"I'll take you back, just wait," he said still holding my arm.

"Okay," I nodded and he released me.

He closed the door and I went few steps away.
"No, no, no. I can't have a crush on Steve," I said to myself and undone my messy bun and ran fingers trough my hair.

They were curly now so I seperated them in three sections to make a simple braid. I didn't like my natural curls so I always tried to find a way how to hide them.

"Why you're hiding such a beauty?" a voice behind me said.

I turned around and my eyes met Steve's blue ones. My cheeks heated up.

"I do what I want," I shrugged.

"Good point," he smiled and started to walk towards me.

"So let's go," he said and I followed.

He told me about each level S.H.I.E.L.D. owns in this building. Our hands touched several times.

We were standing near my desk.

"Hey, I was wondering... Maybe do you want... Maybe we could... Have a coffee or something?" Steve looked in my eyes.