Chapter 30

Sarah's p.o.v.

I stopped in the garage and we got out of the car. On the way to the elevator Steve took my hand and entwined our fingers. I've noticed that he's pretty clingy actually. But I don't mind and I really love his presence.

"Hey!" out of the blue Natasha was next to me.

"Hi!" Steve and I said to her in unison.

We all bursted in laughter and Steve kissed the top of my head.

"So how was your weekend?" Natasha asked with a smirk which I ignored.

"Good," Steve answered as we stepped in the elevator.

"Do you know who told everyone about us?" I looked in Natasha's green eyes.

"Don't worry, I have already settled that," she squeezed my shoulder.

"What's wrong with that?" Steve lightly squeezed my hand.

"I just don't mind having a personal life," I shrugged.

"Try to tell that to Stark," she chuckled.

"What he has done?" I felt that Steve tensed.

"Relax, Steve. I have your back," Natasha rolled her eyes.

I rested my head on Steve's arm but he pulled me in his embrace. It felt like he's trying to stay calm but also to keep me safe.

The elevator stopped and its doors opened. We got out of it and Steve was still holding my hand.

"Hello!" agent Hill came to us, "so Captain Rogers after 10 minutes you have to be in the meeting room and Agent Johnson as well. Just take all you have from your latest research."

She informed us, giving me a flash drive, and Natasha had disappeared somewhere. All the time Steve was holding me close to him. And yes there were different kind of looks from others - happy, neutral or jealous as hell. Although they thoughts don't matter to me, it all somehow affected me. And definitely I didn't like to be in the center of attention. I felt a slight anxiety attack. Yep, that's exactly what I need!

"Okay, see you there," Steve said and dragged me to my desk.

"What's wrong?" he leaned against the desk while I was working with the computer.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Oh, c'mon. You know I won't judge you," man put his hand on mine and looking with his crystal blue eyes into my grey ones. I felt like he's trying to look in my soul.

"I just," I sighed, "can we talk about this later?"

"Okay," Steve smiled at me.

I put the flash drive in the USB port and "dragged" the folder in it.

"I'm ready," I took the flash drive and stood up.

Steve did as well and took my hand again. He lead me down corridors. I felt uncomfortable of all this attention and I guess Steve saw that because he reassuringly squeezed my hand. He stopped and opened grey door for me. I stepped inside with him close behind me. It was the same meeting room I was few days ago. Agent Hill was already there. I gave her the the flash drive and she inserted it in a USB port in the table.

"Sit down, please," she motioned to chairs looking at me.

"Another mission and I still have stitches in me," I mentaly said to myself and sat next to Steve.

The door opened again and three men came in. One with short blonde hair seemed really familiar, I just don't know where I've seen him.

"Hey, man! What's up?" the blond said and came to Steve.