Chapter 69

Sarah's p.o.v.

Steve's alarm went off and he quickly turned it off, but I woke up anyway and opened my eyes in narrow slits.
"Keep sleeping. I'm just going for a training," Steve leaned in and softly kissed my forehead.
"Okay," I yawned, pulling the duvet up to my chin.
He got out of the bed and quickly got dressed.
"Till later. Love you," man leaned down and kissed my cheek.
"Love you too," I pulled his pillow in my chest and tightly wrapped my arms around it.
Soon, I fell asleep again and slept till 9am. When I woke up, I didn't even bother to change from my pyjamas, which currently was Steve's t-shirt and boyshorts. I made myself a cup of coffee and curled on the couch with a box of 'Pop-tarts', and watched some cartoons on 'Cartoon Network'. A knock on my door almost made me spill the coffee and huffing I got up still wrapped in blanket. I opened the door and saw my neighbour Kate from the opposite apartment.
"Hi, did I woke you up?" she sheepishly asked.
"Ugh, no. Come in," I stepped aside.
"Umm, can I use your phone to call the locksmith? My door accidentaly shut and I left my phone in," Kate came in.
"Sure," I went to the living room and took my phone from the coffee table, on the way finding locksmith's number.
I handed her the phone and she called him.
"Thank you so much," Kate gave me back my phone.
"You're welcome," I shrugged, smiling.
"I've noticed you've been traveling a lot lately."
"Yeah, new duties."
"I'm sorry about John. How are you?"
"I'm okay. Just keep living and doing stuff."
"What about his company?"
"I heard his brother will take over it."
"Why you don't want to do it?"
"I'm not a business person. He offered to make together, but I declined. John wasn't mad at me, but understood."
"If you ever want to hang out sometime, you know where to find me."
"Thank you, I really appreciate that."
"Okay, I'll better go and wait the locksmith," Kate went to the door.
"Okay, bye," I smiled at her and closed the door behind her.
I went back to my nest on the couch and finished my breakfast. Then I decided to do the laundry and clean my apartment.
My laptop's battery was full and again I curled on my couch and checked my e-mail and other sites before digging through all possible Chloé's social sites. My phone went off and without looking at the caller's ID, picked up.
"Yes?"
"Hey, doll. I wanted to call you before I leave for mission," Steve told me.
"Mission? When you'll be back?" I frowned.
"Yeah, there're some hostiles and stuff. I don't really want to explain everything. And if everything goes smooth then we'll be back early on Wednesday morning," I could hear a shuffling of clothes and some muffled voiced in the background.
"Are you wearing your new uniform?"
"Ugh, yeah," there was confusion in his voice.
"Send me a selfie, please," I bit my bottom lip smiling.
"What? No," Steve started to laugh.
"Ow, c'mon, Stevie! Pretty please with sugar on top," I whined.
"God, what I'm gonna do with you," he sighed for sign that he had finally given in.
"You know I love you, right?"
"Yeah, whatever. See you on Wednesday. Love you," Steve chuckled.
"Love you too, bye," I hung up and I received a notification from my private e-mail.
I opened it and it contained information about the Thanksgiving. It was all fine, but the adress was different and something clicked in my brain and I understood that this is Choé's private e-mail adress. Eagerly I clicked on the site to see other adresses she sent the same e-mail. I felt like world had been removed from my shoulders. My phone buzzed from the incomimg message and in excitement I drew my lock screen figure wrong.
'Hot damn (heart eyes emoji) And Christmas might be today☺' I replied.
I bit my bottom lip and changed my phone's wallpaper to his selfie because why not. His new uniform was dark blue, almost black with silver colored star and stripes on his chest which went to his biceps and with a tiny bit of dark red on his sides. There were brown leather straps that went to his back where he could attach his shield and utility belt and fingerless gloves from the same material. Steve was holding his shield by his side and slightly in front of him and a frown on his face as he was focusing on his phone. His hair, that was always nearly combed, was sticking up to every direction.
'Thanks. Got a helmet too. And I hope it is ☺' I received an answer from him.
I cracked my fingers and with the biggest hopes tried to invade again in my aunt's and cousin's e-mails.

----------------A/N----------------

Yeah, I know it's short, but I got a job for the last month of my summer break. Today got a sunburn, my muscles are sore and I accidentaly cut myself. What a nice day! Tomorrow is pretty much the same what I did today, but only got few more duties and it doesn't look like I'll get a day off this week and in that said that on Wednesday it will be only more to do and the weather is gonna be hot as hell this week. You just will have to stay tuned to see if I update. If not then I'm dead or I just can't move a muscle. But I hope it won't be that bad.
Anyways thank you for sticking up with me and voting, commenting, following and adding it to your reading lists.
I can't believe the first chapter has more than 2k reads. And the whole story has reached 38k reads and 1,44k votes. I never dreamed of seeing that kind of numbers to my story.
Love you all, my rays of sunshine,
Undi ❤
P.S. This chapter is dedicated to captain_rae Because why not.