Prolouge? Maybe first chapter? Idk bro

This is my first time writing little space, I did as much research as I could I'm really sorry fo stuff isn't correct

Virgil sat in the shared room that was once his. Tears plagued his eyes, he wouldn't let them fall though. He gasped, trying to suppress his sobs and oncoming little space, he didn't feel comfortable enough to be a little right now, he knew that, but little space is how he dealt with stress. He desperately wanted to go into little space, but knew it wouldn't be a good idea as he was still inside the house. His lip quivered as he held back more sobs. He instead, turned to biting his lip, hoping the tears could pass. It soon turned to biting his nails, which started to bleed, similar to his lip. He looked around frantically, wishing he had a paci. He tried to shake away his head space once more, to no avail. He fell deep into little space, his tears no longer making sense. He sucked on his thumb quietly, standing up, and going to the door.

"Virgil?" A voice, one Virgil, both big and little, knew and hated. Virgil burst into a fit of crying, going to the corner to hid away from the man that scared him. The door opened with a bang, and Virgil glanced up to see the man he hated. He had loved him once, but not anymore.

"P-Papa?" Virgil asked, he had mistaken the man in front of him for his old caregiver. It was actually the same person, but when Virgil had started to become more reliant on his little space is when he had changed. The other scoffed.

"Grow up, your twenty four, stop being a baby" they said harshly. Virgil cried loudly at the words. "Quit it, why are you even crying, fucking stop it" They yelled, they got closer, slapping Virgil. The slap threw Virgil from his headspace, and he quickly looked around before rushing out the house. He found the park he frequented often, his little space tried to emerge once more, but Virgil suppressed it the best he could. He takes a small, shuttering breath, sitting on a bench near a small pond. He watches as the moonlight dances on the rippling, water. He grasps his hair tightly, his head going down, looking at the dirt.

'He's right, I'm twenty four, I shouldn't be acting like a toddler' He scolds himself in his thoughts.

"Hi there kiddo!" A man Virgil doesn't know says. Virgil jumps away, the hold on his headspace falling away, leaving him a crying little. His mind running wild as a four year old.

"Woah, hey it's okay, I'm sorry kiddo, didn't mean to scare you" they say softly. Virgil shuffles back, his thumb going to his mouth to suppress his cries. He finds the other scary.

"Go way!" Virgil says. The man looks at him for a second before asking him a question.

"Where's mama or papa little one?" The man, Patton, as Virgil is soon to find out, asks.

"No mama no papa" Virgil says looking down.

"Do you know where home is?" Patton asks lightly. Virgil shakes his head, sucking on his thumb again.

"I don' wan' o' home" Virgil says stubbornly.

"Why not kiddo?"

"Meanie" Virgil whispers. Patton nods sympathetically, then pulls out his phone. Virgil's eyes light up with wonder.

"What dat?" Virgil asks going up to the other, completely forgetting his fear.

"It's a phone kiddo" Patton says smiling, he shows the screen to Virgil.

"Woah," Virgil whispers. "What it do?" He asks, his mouth finding his thumb again.

"I'm Patton, what's your name?" Patton says putting away his phone from where he was texting his friend.

"Virgil" He says quietly. He sucks on his thumb again.

"Do you have a paci little guy?" Patton asks looking at the thumb in Virgil's mouth. Virgil shakes his head. "Well, you shouldn't suck on your thumb kiddo, you could get the ickys"

"Ickys?" Virgil asks.

"Yeah, get sick kiddo"

"I don't like the ickys" Virgil says softly. He pulls his thumb from his mouth, pouting slightly.

"Can you suppress your little space for a second?" Patton says after a moment, hating he even had to get the boy in front of him out of his obvious headspace along with not really knowing how to phrase it. Virgil screws his eyes shut, pushing the block back.

"I-I'm sorry" He says lightly. He stops back. "I don't know what I was thinking, you must think I'm weird, I'm really sorry" He says quickly, he hadn't tried to pull himself out of head space while talking as it had just felt right around the other.

"It's okay, you aren't weird either! It's really normal for some people!" Patton says. "Are you okay to go home or do you want to stay the night with me?" Patton asks lightly.

"I don't wanna go back, but I hardly know you" Virgil says lightly.

"I have roommates at my apartment if that makes it any better, more people is more safety right?" Patton says gently. Virgil nods slowly. "Pronouns?" Patton asks lightly.

"Uhm, he/him" Virgil nervously replied.

"He/him aswell!" Patton said clapping his hands slightly. Virgil nodded. "Need anything from your house?" All Patton got was a shake of the head. Patton smiled lightly. "Let's go then! It's not too far, promise."

"Pinky promise?" Virgil said, his voice being ever so slightly more childish. He held his finger out with a pout. Patton laughed lightly, wrapping his pinky around Virgil's.

"Pinky promise" He said softly.