Chapter 6: I Hate You

It's lunch and me and Court are sitting. Opposite us are Chace and Hailey.

"He barely knows her!", I rolled my eyes as I stuffed a cheese and tomato panini into my mouth. It wasn't as nice as I thought. I didn't really feel hungry anymore. Court replied and I didn't think she would have been listening.

"Yeah, but he went to your house when he barely knew you!"

"But that was for a project. Not canoodling!"

I couldn't care less now. Chace Reed is out of my life for good. I don't know why he came in, in the first place?! Both of them finished lunch and walked out, finally.

Slowly, a random girl walked past me and dropped a scrunched up piece of paper on my table. It almost went in my food! I opened it up and it said Meet my by the corner of the football pitch xoxo Hailey

What? Why did she want to talk to me? And why did she get people to drop me letters, like she couldn't do it herself.

"What does it say?", before I could reply, Court grabbed it off my hands and read it. I threw my panini in the bin and made my way there. Court was going to hide behind a tree so she could hear the conversation. Lol!

I got there and all I saw was Chace. What? The note said it was Hailey.

"Oh, that letter was mine. I wanted to talk to you.", he stopped graffitiing and looked up at me.

"I don't have anything to say to you!", I folded my arms.

"Why? Is it 'cause you're jealous of me and Hailey?"

"WHAT! No! I don't give a crap!"

"Then why are you constantly staring at us!"

"I'm not! You're just everywhere I go."

"It seems like you're following us!"

"Ew no! Since when was 'us', a thing?! I tried to warn you about Hailey but it was too late! Now you're drooling all over her but she's using you!"

"You just want me all to yourself, don't you?!"

"No!"

"And you're jealous 'cause she's prettier than you!"

I froze. I couldn't believe he said that. He basically called me ugly. Even I wouldn't go that far in our arguments. I can't even believe he thought I was jealous of her! I'm so done with him!

"I hate you.", I picked my bag and stormed off. He called after my name but I didn't look back. What a jerk!
I honestly hated him. He was so stupid, how could he not see that she's using him?! Oh, but he probably likes it.

Court came out from behind the tree and she was angry too. The bell rang and we walked to PE. I wish Chace wasn't in any of my classes. Me and Court got to the changing rooms.

"What a douche!", Court started.

"Yeah, I know right!"

"He thinks you're jealous?! Well, he ditched you for a hoe!"

"I really don't care. He's the worst thing that happened to me and I'm glad I got rid of him!"

We finished changing and went into the Sports Field. We had to make an exercise routine in partners. Chace tried to talk to me but I ignored him.

"Why don't you just listen to what he has to say?", Court insisted.

"What?! You were calling him a douche earlier and now you feel sorry for him?"

"No, I ship you guys! You look so cute together!", I nearly threw up when she said that.

"Ew no!"

"Please, for me! You don't have to be friends but hear him out! Please, Brooke!", Court practically pushed me towards him so I had no choice.

I walked up to him.

"What do you want?", I folded my arms.

"Look....ermm.....I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to say that..." he scratched the back of his head and was looking down at his shoes. He looked really apologetic, but I wasn't sure whether I should forgive him. He would still be hanging out with Hailey.

Then Hailey stepped in. Ugh!

"Eww! Why are you talking to this loser! She's a social pariah! You'll catch and STD from her!", Hailey made some rude remarks. I expected Chace to back me up. But he didn't. He just let her insult me. That's when I decided not to accept his apology.

I looked at both of them. It was a terrible couple. I rolled my eyes and walked back to Court. She had been listening, of course.

"Why didn't he defend you?!", Court asked.

"Because he's a jerk and probably agrees with her. But I don't care anymore!"

__________________________
Authors Note: Soz if you found this chapter boring. I wanted the play I Really Don't Care but it wouldn't work so I used Maps. The next chapter is going to be juicy and full of drama. Stay tuned! Kk bye💗