Chapter 44: Battle of Eagle's Fall

Start from the beginning

"Phew." Anakin let out a deep breath as he sunk to his knees in exhaustion, watching the projectile explode just outside the palace. "That was close."

"We need to destroy those trebuchets or we're all done for." Obi-Wan worriedly glanced at the enemies' front, seeing about three of said weapons emerge from between the buildings.

"I think that time is now, jedi." Aidan's mouth fell open when he saw all three of them firing at the same time, the projectiles coming their way with an alarming speed. He watched as both jedi did their best to divert them, each focusing on one as he himself broke one apart amid the sky using lightning.

Both jedi seemed to manage until Obi-Wan was hit by an arrow. It sunk into his flesh on the right side of his chest, skilfully aimed just below his ribcage. He yelled out in pain and doubled over, watching with regret and guilt as the fireball collided with the shield with great impact, the ground shaking and groaning as they watched the barrier fall apart before them.

"Get down!" Obi-Wan yelled as everyone was thrown to the ground, wrapping their arms around their heads to shield it from the debris that was flying all around them. Wincing in pain he glasped his arm around the wound, watching blood seep through his fingers. He coughed as he stood up again, wiping the dust away from his eyes. All he could see was the ashes that fell around him but as he glanced up he only saw another fireball coming their way.

He knew that when that hit, they would all be done for. Obi-Wan quickly tried to hold it back but his power was wavering, the exhaustion making his limbs tremble violently. "Anakin, help me!" He glanced to the side only to see him trying his best to get up.

"Get inside, now!" Aidan yelled as he called the lightning down on the fireball. It exploded right before them, luckily missing all the troopers and himself. He grasped the armor of the trooper before him, pushing him towards the entrance of the palace. "We'll hole up in there. Now, hurry!"

"That's suicide!" Anakin protested, watching as some of his troopers quickly made their way towards safety.

"Do we have any other choice?!" Aidan yelled back and when he glanced back towards them he stilled. "It's too late."

Obi-Wan watched as he saw the desperation flicking through his eyes when he looked up at the sky. The king dropped his sword as he set his mouth in a firm line, drawing his brows together. When Obi-Wan saw the reflection of another flaming projectile coming their way in the king's eyes, he quickly turned around and saw his doom fast approaching. With the same stead-fast determination of a jedi he narrowed his eyes and concentrated, trying his best to stop the projectile from hitting.

He heard Anakin yelling loudly at his side as his vision was filled with flames drawing near. An unbearable heat surrounded them. An explosion seemed to rip them apart, throwing them back against the walls of the castle and knocking the air out of their lungs as they fell on the ground. A high-pitched noise sounded through his head as Obi-Wan groaned, his vision blurry as the pain at his side got worse. He was sure he was dead until he heard cheering in the distance.

"What?" Obi-Wan mumbled as he managed to get on his knees, his arms struggling with the weight of his body. The cheering got louder till it suppressed the high-pitched noise, making him frown in confusion until he saw what they were cheering for. He saw a red light disappearing into the distance and the ashes that she had left in her wake from when she had destroyed the fireball that would've killed them.

"Lyanna." Obi-Wan's eyes widened in amazement when he saw her in the sky. She looked just like a sun, casting her warm light over the city as she swung her wings. Flames danced around her, making any sensible man look up at her in both wonder and fear. For a moment that was all he saw. That image, an image of hope just like she'd told her people that day in the arena. That was exactly what she had brought now, with an army behind her back that battled their way through the sky which he had formerly thought was lost to them.