Chapter 18

Coraline knew that they were getting themselves into hot water.

Either they win and the Beldam still keeps them here, or they lose and the Beldam keeps them here.

It was a lose-lose situation.

She knew that witch all too well.

They had appointed the Beldam as the seeker, and told her that since her world was so small, she should give them a hundred seconds to count.

The plan was to find the two missing boys and leave. She did have the key, after all.

Coraline wandered the house, while concentrating on her magic in letting them remain undetected.

But somehow, she couldn't feel Norman or Kubo.

She knew finding them would be difficult, just as she had found her parents.

She kept her fingers crossed as she looked through the many rooms in the house.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Norman was hoping someone could find him.

He knew that he was still trapped behind the mirror that the Beldam, as the children called her, had placed him in.

The only issue was that possibly no one could hear him.

They would have realised that he had gone missing by now, and would be looking for him.

At least he hoped.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

As Lionel walked with Mr. Link, he couldn't help but feel chills go down his spine.

This place was wondrous, yet frightening.

But they had to find the boys.

As they walked out the door, Lionel suggested going downstairs.

Loud barking greeted them as they walked into the apartment. Just like Spink and Forcible, Lionel thought.

Out before them was a stage, with two figures above it.

Spink and Forcible. Both with buttoned eyes.

They swallowed, and proceeded to find the missing children.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Wybie and the Cat had gone upstairs.

The brown-haired boy knew very well who lived up there.

The crazy ol' man Bobinsky.

Luckily he wasn't here. The lights from within the apartment was obvious.

He looked at the Cat. "You don't think . . . ?"

He knocked, and the door spun him and the Cat into the room. The lights were vibrant and warm, the circus before them playing music.

Then, Wybie felt something grab his wrist. He wrested away, but was pulled to the corner of the room.

"Hey . . . "

"Shh!"

He looked up. It was him, at least, it was Other him. He opened his mouth to scream, but the Other Wybie, he felt strange calling him that, used his gloved hand to cover his mouth. He pointed, and Wybie followed the direction he was pointing.

Blue-skinned, button-eyed Bobinsky walked by, humming a tune.

This Other him had just saved Wybie's skin.

The Cat nodded at Wybie, signalling that this puppet was on their side.

Other Wybie shook his head, as if warning them against entering.

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Winnie and Eggs walked outside the house.

From the perimeter to the fields to the gardens.

Winnie had never felt so scared in her life. The time when Snatcher almost took over, almost killed Eggs, it didn't compare to this!

As they walked about, Winnie tripped. "You okay?"

She took Eggs's hand. "Yeah."

As she got up, she realised that her boyfriend's grip on her tightened.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"Got you . . . !"