Chapter 24

She hadn't had an adventure like that since a year ago.

Coraline walked outside with her friends and found the class waiting outside.

She turned to the group. "Let's meet up here every week. I'd like to know you all better,"

Even Kubo and Norman understood. His magic was not entirely linked to the Other World, but she knew they would be here.

"Alright then, Coraline Jones. See you on Saturday."

"See you guys soon!"

The Beldam wasn't going to be resurrected any time soon. No one would fall victim to be its next Beldam anytime soon, either. She would make sure of that.

Coraline smiled to herself.

The magic would somehow keep her youthful, she knew. How else was the Beldam able to stay alive for hundreds of years?

As the kids walked out, they saw the teacher.

"You kids have been missing for five hours, where have you been?"

"We were exploring the area, Teacher. We're very sorry."

"You'd better be. Police had to get involved." The teacher pointed to where a group of officers stood. "You'd better tell them what you just told me."

As they turned, they heard the teacher's voice trail after them. "Nice hair, Miss Jones. You're lucky the school allows some form of hair dye."

She signalled over to the two adults who had followed them to the Other World and explained to the cops why they were missing for so long, excluding the part about the Other World, of course.

She knew that their escape this time was lucky - way too lucky.

And she'd be lucky if no other adventure came up for her in a while.

That was nearly impossible for an explorer as adventurous as Coraline.