✨Twenty-Eigth Dream✨

Start from the beginning

He kept silent, bringing his free hand to his mouth as he looked away, the soft glow coming from the lantern which you held in your off hand wasn't able to fully illuminate the place, the dark successfully covering his pink dusted cheeks.

(Before editing: the dark successfully covering his link dusted cheeks).

"Alright then, I won't tell you to go back if you wanna stay." he told you, gripping your hand, afraid that you'd suddenly disappear again like last time. "Just stay close to me."

"......" you chose to keep silent, unable to answer that question for a special reason. "I'll try." you answered nonetheless to reassure Muichirou since you didn't want to worry him further than he already is.

He wouldn't say it but it was obvious obvious by the way he acted around you (that even an ice block like you noticed) that he was worried for you. You frowned at the idea, because you weren't that weak that you needed him to constantly worry but it made you feel happy nonetheless.

"Just promise me you'll stay beside me." he asked again, lowering his hand as he regained his senses, his mint eyes staring at you.

"...... I can't promise that." you told him, looking away. You didn't have the guts to say it to his face. "A lot of things can go wrong while looking for the demon."

"Yeah, b–"

"I'll try my best so don't worry so much about me." you added, stopping as your bright (E/c) eyes staring at him, light reflecting off your eyes as you stared at him, a smile gracing your features.

"......" he couldn't say anything, he paused as his mint green ones could only stare back you. If only you knew how he became (as of recent) when you looked at him like that. "Let's continue walking." he spoke out abruptly, looking away from you as he picked up the pace once more.

"Alright." you agreed, happy that he didn't ask you for anything more.

The only sound coming from that night walk was the sound of crunching leaves as you walked, it was odd that there weren't any crickets tonight.

It was quiet.

Too quiet.

The sound of you falling to the ground was heard as Muichirou pushed you out of the way.

Breath of Mist: Third Form: Scattering Mist Splash.

Muichirou was just in time to block a rain of ice. He frowned, looking at the direction of where the attack came from, before turning to you. Still on guard, he held out a hand for you. "Sorry."

"It's fine." you nodded, taking hold of his outstretched hand, pulling yourself up as you unsheathed your sword.

You were just glad that this was most likely not a caster demon who would burrow into the ground, you looking forward to not play whack a mole again.

Breath of Dreams: First Form: A Simple yet Complicated Dream.

You slashed at where the attack originated from, a loud rustle was heard as the demon fell down, the ground around the said was covered with ice, giving you a mental note to not get close to him.

"Be thankful to be graced with m—"

"So, is this the demon?" you asked, looking to Muichirou as you pointed to the said demon, totally ignoring him as you initiated your classic “ignore the hell out of the demon” plan. "He doesn't look that strong."

"He—"

"I don't know, I must have been blind." Muichirou responded, knowing full well what you were doing. "I think he looked more intimidating back then."